Errr help, I've locked my screen down and it won't retract!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bada Bing, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Bada Bing

Bada Bing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Was very excited as I collected my Hitachi TX-100 from mjhammond yesterday, and immediately set it up when I got home. I spent hours playing various DVD's and 360 games till I was happy with the settings, and then went to retract the screen - it won't go back in!

After speaking to a friend, he thinks I've just pulled it down to far. It's a 5.5ft Nobo screen if that's any help.

Getting this thing to mount to my ceiling was a nightmare, as my ceiling is an old fashioned lathe type one, so I had to go up into the loft and screw some wood into the lathe above so that the screws below had something to bite into. Hopefully I won't have to do all that again if I take it down.

Anyone had to open their screen before to make it start retracting again?

If it's not because I've pulled it down to far, it may be because I had it stuffed into my 2-seater on the way home and it took a few knocks when I made quick direction changes on some of the twisty roads near my house.

Not a great start to projector life, but I'm almost there! :D

2. cyberheater

cyberheater

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    The trick is a very quick sharp yank down. Think of it as a snapping action. Try that and let us know how you get on.

3. Bada Bing

Bada Bing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The thing that made it retract was more to do with how I let it go back up as opposed to how I pulled it down. Pulling it as far down as I did made it more difficult to figure out how to do it.

It seems to be if you just let it go up really quickly, the clutch releases.

:oops: