1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error message on philips 9617

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DoogyDawg, Nov 15, 2003.

1. DoogyDawg

DoogyDawg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    long story (still) just had the TV back today and wanted to see if they had changed anything in the service menu,
    I hade an error message :
    ERROR 040
    DEFECT : MODULE : dolby transmitter panel

I cleared the buffer and turned the tv off and back on again, messed about with the dolby setttings I>E. dolby 3, prologic etc
    (in the normal tv menu, not service menu)
    went back to the service menu and the error is not showing.
    I know clearing the buffer will have deleted the error report, but if it is a fault, wouldnt it have picked it up again ?

Im not sure what to do now, any ideas on what the dolby transmitter panel is ? and what the 040 fault is,
    any feedback would be great.
    P.S
    I did turn my surround speakers on arss backwards, so mabe it was this that generated the fault report ?

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I had this error when the set was new, I cleared the buffer and after a few days the error reappeared... it turned out that the radio transmitter at the back of the set (which drives the cordless rear speakers) wasn't securely connected. [It's the grey box which has a black cable with what looks like a phone/ethernet connector plugged into the TV] I removed and reconnected and the errror has never returned. The TV does periodically run a self diagnostic test so the fault would be picked up if it returned.

Hope this helps.

:)

3. DoogyDawg

DoogyDawg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    cheers matey :smashin:
    I was hoping it was that, when I had the TV back the plug was not pushed all the way in, so I thought they must have replugged it back after having the back of the case off, and then turned the tv on at the workshop, thus giving the report, shows they didnt check the service menu though afterwards:suicide:
    thanks RC, for this, very much appreciated:smashin: :smashin:
    steve.