Error Message during game play

bilton_2

Standard Member
Reaction score
i keep getting an error message during gameplay saying that i need to clean the disk as it maybe scratched etc etc.

I know its not the disk as its brand new, it has happened on several new games such as Batman, Dirt 2 & The Beatles Rock Star.

however i can play on UFC which is an older game perfectly fine.

i hear this error message is quite a common problem, does anyone know how to sort it.

do i just need to buy a new drive then,

or will that not work??

do i just need to buy a new drive then,

or will that not work??

its not quite as simple as unscrewing the old one and putting a new one in, to put in a new drive you would have to extract the firmware key from your old drive and put it into the new one. or remove the chipset form the old drive and put it in the new one

Are you out of warranty then?

MS will still fix it...for a fee.

Or as i found out when i asked on the forum there will be local people in your area who should be able to fix it for you...also for a fee.

One possible workaround might be to install you games to the HDD drive.

I did this and i think it does help prolong the life for a while as the disc is being used a lot less... mine still went really bad eventually though...

On your XBOX dashboard (you will need the NXE installed to be able to use this feature) got to My XBOX and then press "Y" on the game logo. You can then select install to HDD which will typically use 6-8GB so if you only have a 20GB HDD you will only really be able to install 2 at a time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom