Error "Invalid Input"

Allpaw

Standard Member
:lease:Help please:lease:

I have always connected my computer to my plasma TV (HD LG) to play divx etc (Celeron 1.3Gb 128Mb video) and it has always been fine. I have upgraded to P4 3.4Gb and put a GeForce 6200turbo cache video. When I first start up the computer I get the P4 splash screen and the windows start-up screen (XP) then the plasma goes black and a sign comes on the screen saying “Invalid Input” This video card is a PCI-E, would this make any difference? Can someone give me some ideas, it is driving me batty.
I am running the card at 1024 x 760

Thanx

Mr.Glass

Standard Member
Hi,

Start your Pc in safe mode. Your TV should be able to display that.
Then increase your display settings bit by bit till it dosn't display it properly, Don't touch the PC and it will revert back to what you had previously in 15 seconds. I imagine it will probably be the refesh rate that is causing your problems.

Good luck.

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
In the NVidia display driver software try switching off the EDID, this is the ability of the software to recognise the max TV resolution. Often large screen displays send back the wrong info.
Again get into safe mode (press F8 as the PC is just about to boot into Windows, not the Bios) and this should bring the screen up in the minimum setting, 800x600. Switch of EDID if you have access to the NVidia software or reboot in new res.
See http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/+42-inch+Plasma+Info if you have a 42" plasma as you have not told us what model screen you have

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom