Error copying music from TVersity, then USB device

livingbasshead

Hi all. Last week I decided to delete all of my music from my PS3 and start again (as I've recently updated all of my album art and id3 tags on my PC). So I deleted the files, and started to copy some stuff accross my wireless network via TVersity. Whilst doing this I encountered an error 80030001 error (cannot perform operation type error). Which was strange - never had that before. It seemed to be more when copying a folder - the individual mp3 files still copy (most of the time).
I decided to try a USB HD and I got the same problem (files OK, folders give the error). I read through the foums and on the web. Followed some advice which suggested restoring default PS3 settings. I did this and it seemed to work OK for a while until the error popped up again.
Has anyone else had this? Could it be that the PS3 struggles with lots of folders?;
My file structure is music/artist/album/songs (obviously I use traingle - display all, then try and copy a folder) - under artist there are over 200 folders.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom