Error codes! What do they all mean?

Bill Hicks

Ex Member
Reaction score
For the first time in 8 months i'm getting major problems getting on-line games on my PS3! I'm trying to log on for a bit of Warhawk action (before the missus gets up and has a moan!) but guess what, i can't! I keep getting an error code (80029516) telling me that i'm not logged on to PSN! What the #@$%! Funny thing is that i can access the internet though. I've tested my internet connection on my PS3 and it says that an error has happened, this code is different (8001023D)
Help!! Does anyone know what is happening here! I've been using my PS3 without any probs since i bought it, and what makes it worse is that i haven't changed any settings on either the PS3 or my wireless netgear router, so i don't understand why i'm getting these issues now.
Any advice would be very much appreciated..

For the first time in 8 months i'm getting major problems getting on-line games on my PS3! I'm trying to log on for a bit of Warhawk action (before the missus gets up and has a moan!) but guess what, i can't! I keep getting an error code (80029516) telling me that i'm not logged on to PSN! What the #@$%! Funny thing is that i can access the internet though. I've tested my internet connection on my PS3 and it says that an error has happened, this code is different (8001023D)
Help!! Does anyone know what is happening here! I've been using my PS3 without any probs since i bought it, and what makes it worse is that i haven't changed any settings on either the PS3 or my wireless netgear router, so i don't understand why i'm getting these issues now.
Any advice would be very much appreciated..

Found this info on the web mate......

Playstation 3 Error Code List

0710102 - DNS Error; No DNS server available.

8001050B - Will not play demo hard drive games, when blue-ray disc is inserted - Cause unknown

80010510 - Will not play hard drive games - Cause unknown

8002b241 - DVI has no audio.

80028EA5 - Unknown

80029023 - Exchanging Key Information exchange has timed out

80029024 - The attempt to obtain an IP address has timed out

80029564 - Downloaded Game will not install - Cause unknown

8002F997 - Can not update XMB firmware

8003051E - Game will not Save

80031150 - System Settings Fail to Save - Possible Blue Screen "Setting information is corrupted.Press the x button to repair and restore default"

80130203 - PS3 connects to internet but not to network - Typically means that the required ports are not open to connect to store but PS3 can connect to internet.

80710092 - "An error has occured. you've been signed out from the ps network" - (connection dropped?)

80710102 - PS3 Cannot connect to the router with current IP information - Try rebooting your router

80710541 - The connection to the server timed out.

80710B23 - PS3 Network is Down or PS3 Network is too busy to respond

80710D23 - Turn the PS3 off for a bit (30 minutes give or take) with the power toggle (not standby mode).

80029024 -"Cannot Obtain an IP address".

80028EA5 Unknown - User cannot connect to PS3 network. Sony told the user to send the machine in.

8002b241 - DVI has no audio

8001050B - "Will not play demo hard drive games, (when blue-ray disc is inserted) - cause unknown".

8002F997 - Trying to Update the Firmware, copying to a file and installing from a USB drive falied".

80710016 - Playstation Network is down.

8013013E - WEP Key error, change WEP key to all numbers (on router homepage) and try agian, or which to WPA.

8071053D - Hard boot the PS3, turn off the PS3 to stand-by, flip off the back swtich and remove the power cord. Then shut off your modem/router, for about 5 mintues, then turn the modem back up first and let it sync, then turn the router back on(if using one) and let it sycn. Reconnect your power cable and flip the back swtich up again. Then make a new network connnection.

8013030F - Check Router Page, SSID Broadcasting possibly off.

8002F994 - To many people downloading the update just sit back until the morning around 5am - 11am and you should be able to get it.

80410A0B - Internal PSP error, hardware fault. Send back to be replaced/fixed.

80028F10 - Go to Display Settings then HDMI (or whatever your connection is) and choose Automactic, not Custom. I always had it on Custom before. Seems when you choose Automatic it allows the PS3 to select 50hz which is what you need for PAL games that don't support 60hz.

8002A705 - Unable to connect to server/host. Check router port configuration.

80030920 - An error occurred during the copy operation. The file may be corrupt or there isnt enough memory. Try copying data from original source.

Lately I've had "An error occured. You have been signed out of the playstation network".

Pretty annoying and I've no idea why it happens. I don't think its my connection since I can then sign straight back in, and it's not like pinging out/lagging out on the game it just goes off (have been in UT3 when it happens). Anybody know why this happens?

Lately I've had "An error occured. You have been signed out of the playstation network".

I had this a couple of times yesterday whilst playing COD4, odd in that I could quit the game, re-launch and all was well (internet connection was fine).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom