Error code 10: This device cannot be stared?

gop

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, was hoping someone can help me with a driver issue(I think)

The card is a tbs 6981 satellite dvb-s2, was working fine for 3 years in a gigabyte m52l-sp3 mobo with win7 ultimate, then i moved it into a new build (see below), and at every boot, from start or from sleep mode, device manager has a yellow triangle beside it, code 10 cant start the device (Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.). Upgraded to 8.1 pro with wmc8 still same issue. I have to reinstall the drivers, sometimes twice before it works, then
restart

I have the latest drivers from tbs website, ive tried uninstalling drivers , even changed slots on mobo, with same triangle and error code 10 (soundcard works in both slots so it cant be the slots). I dont have hibernate enabled, sleep i can only increase the time, ive changed the pci power settings to off, no difference.

My specs:
Im using a gigabyte sumo omega case, with an
ASUS M5A97 evo (Amazon.co.uk £68.98 | Pixmania.co.uk £81.88 | Play.com £92.36) R2.o latest bois and a
cooler master hyper evo 212,
corsair vengeance ddr3 low profile 8 gig ram.
Asus Radeon HD 6450 graphic card.
AMD FX-6350 cpu
Windows 8.1 Pro with media centre latest updates.

Could it be the pci-e slot in the new mobo being a different type than the 7year old gigabyte m52l-sp3? Or a ram issue?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Hard to say really, try loading the bios defaults but there is clearly some sort of compatibility issue since the mobo switch and you were running Win 7 on it prior.

Are you installing the drivers with admin privileges ? (right click run as admin)

I get this a lot at work on new build laptops with a built-in 3G card. It all installs but then get the error code 10. The only way I found to get the card working is to fully uninstall the drivers, reboot and reinstall them again. I've had this many times and this always fixes the issue.

Mark.

Guys, thanks for the replies. Yes I install with admin. Haven't tried uninstalling,then rebooting with. 8.1, u did so with Windows 7, to let it find the device, but still getting error code. I'll try that in 8.1,and see what happens.

Error 10, Resorcese normally means the board cannon supply enough power.

A quick Google shows the card having a 6/8 pin PCI port, Have you remembered to reconnect this?

I connected the additional power supply to the card with windows 7, and just got the BSOD, read this happening to others. At present in 8.1 pro i havent tried this. Strangely, in the last 5 boot ups ive no yellow triangle! Im sure it'll be back, and then i'll try the extra power. Id have assumed the card would have drawn enough power from the mobo, when its functioning, ive no issues in picture quality.

Who knows! All I know is that if there is a power connector on a card in my PC, it gets connected.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom