Error - 80710102 Help! needed

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by cbiddle, Apr 28, 2007.

1. cbiddle

cbiddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    Hi

I got my PS3 yesterday and im having a right pig of a job trying to connect to the internet with it.

I am currently on telewest/virgin 4MB connection connected to my PC via USB. from the etherport of my modem I connect a ethernet lead to a netgear fs605 which from that one ethernet lead goes to my xbox 360 and that works perfectly and other ethernet lead goes into my PS3.

Could someone please guide me into what i have to input regarding ip addresses, primary dns etc etc (I have tried exactly the same settings with my xbox 360 and Ps3 but that does not work)

cheers
    chris biddle

2. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    What happens when you try to setup the network connections ? Is there any specific error message ? What version of firmware is currently on the console ?

3. cbiddle

cbiddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    hi

the only error i notice is that a box pops up on my pc and says i have got a IP conflict but I changed the IP address on my PS3 by one digit at the end and that seems to work on the PS3 but It cannot go any further and on the PS3 it tells me I have a 807010102 error. and im not sure If I have to make any more changes on my pc regarding network sharing etc, I did'nt change anything when I connected my xbox 360 that just worked straight away.

I am currently running 1.50 firmware that how it came out of the box

4. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Are you trying to use the PC at the same time as the PS3 online ? I suspect since you have cable internet and aren't using a router that you only have one IP you can use at a time which means only one device can access the internet at anyone time. Have you tried turning your PC off and then trying the PS3 online ? If this is the problem then your better off getting a router.

5. cbiddle

cbiddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    I have tried to connect my ps3 onto the internet but as i say it keeps coming up with the 80710102 error, I have tried to connect when either my pc is on or off on numerous occassions but to no avail.

I can definatly use xbox live and play games online when I still have my pc on and I can also use my Wii to access the internet on my tv using the nintendo wifi usb dongle thingy so I cant see why I cannot connect using the PS3.

I have a feeling it all down to the numbers I am entering on the internet connection settings on the PS3 but I could be wrong

6. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    I use wireless on my PS3 but I would imagine there must be an option when setting up a wired connection to let the PS3 automatically detect the settings. If there is have you tried that option ?

7. cbiddle

cbiddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    yes, if I let it detect on its own then it does not find any IP address but if I manually input the IP address it connects fine but then fails on the internet connection

8. cbiddle

cbiddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    :arty:

Panic over!! I am finally online with my PS3!!

All I had to do was unplug the mains from my modem for about a minute or so and it worked first time!!

9. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    That's quite strange and doesn't make sense but at least it worked. Glad to see you got it working. :smashin:

10. cbiddle

cbiddle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +226
    cheers moogle for all your help anyways. i am writing this message using the PS3 browser!!