Error 8001000A

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by killiefan, Sep 4, 2007.

1. killiefan

killiefan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I have a Netgear DG834G v2 that now works fine on my pc thanks to forum members input.

I connected my PS3 last night on wireless simply by scanning then entering my password when it found the connection (showing 100%). This morning - nothing. I've tried to reset by manually entering the SSIP and password - no joy. I started from the beginning again - this time the scan failed to detect the wireless router. Everything is fine on the PC end.

The same error message keeps popping up - 8001000A.

I do not have great knowledge on this subject. Would some kind forum member give me a step by step idiot guide on how to fix this?

Cheers.

2. for_mandalore

for_mandalore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Don't know if i can help but the prolem may not be yours. Did you do a system update when you tried to connect? I just updated to version 1.92 and everything that worked fine before isn't now.

Keep an eye on the thread above yours, "list of error codes". There may be some info coming from there.

Edit: If the newest update did install then you'll need to clear your cache and cookies from the ps3 browser. Select the internet browser tab, press triangle and go to tools. At the bottom of the side panel there's the delete cache and delete cookies opton.

I hope this helps but there are people far more clever on here than I who will be more helpful. :)

3. killiefan

killiefan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Cheers Mandalore. I switched on last night and the PS3 immediately said to upgrade to 1.92. Despite the fact it also said I had no wireless connection it managed to download the update. A while (when will these downloads speed up?) and a reboot later I did a quick scan, found the connection and logged on. Straight on to RFoM for a few kills (both by me and to me). Sorted.

4. for_mandalore

for_mandalore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Glad to here it worked out for you. It's kind of unlucky that the update appeared when you were connecting a new device. What would the odds on that be? LOL

If you ever fancy an easygoing game of RFOM, I'm on most nights trying to find gamers who are up for a laugh.

:)