• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Error 74 and one red light on my 360 - what does it mean?

G

gex18

I play my 360 or 4 - 5 hours a day every day and it has been fine up until this afternoon, when i tried to turn it on again on Rainbow 6, i got green lines across the screen, i dropped it back to dashboard, then the red light apeared in the lower right quadrant with black screen saying E 74 'System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support', what does this mean, i have tried to contact with no luck. Is it anything to do with the TV? or is it just the 360?

I have left it off for an a hour, disconnected and reconnected everything but still the same result?

Cheers

Anthony

G

gex18

Ok cheers guys, will try and source a different cable tomorrow. Would you reccomend VGA or component? It will be connected to a 40" Samsung HD LCD.

leicesterlad

Ok cheers guys, will try and source a different cable tomorrow. Would you reccomend VGA or component? It will be connected to a 40" Samsung HD LCD.

Hard to say really, it comes down to preference.

I use the VGA an it looks great on my set.
The component is very bright whereas VGA as a slight tint to it but gives a very well defined picture.

There are some other threads with this as a main question, some people opt for component, others for VGA.

:thumbsup:

G

gex18

Well i did the test for getting the exact code, and came back with a 1022, so it is an av cable problem, cheers for the help, i will source a cable tomorrow (im thinking VGA) and get back to you.

Cheers

Anthony

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I'd read post no 6 in that thread I linked.
I don't want to give bad news but, I hope you're lucky.

G

gex18

Well i just got a joytech SCART av cable and still have the same message, so looks like i either phone M$ tomorrow, or try and find a new premuim 360:mad: :(

G

gex18

Well i managed to pick up a new core console today (getting difficult to find now) and am in the process of swapping all the parts over, is it possible to swap the silver front from the premium onto the core dvd drive front? Also i take it all the technical specs are the same? Well at least i have no red lights now:thumbsup: :cool: :clap: :D

Cheers for all your help / advice guys

Anthony

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom