1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 2 and Error 3

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by SkyFire, Jun 9, 2005.

1. SkyFire

SkyFire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I've got a AV32R, which is only 2 years old. Recently it just keeps on resetting itself by doing a self test. Ocassionally the message "ERROR 2" or "ERROR 3" popped up. Can someone tell me what the message means? Has anyone got a similar experience?

Cheers.

2. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    An error 2 (eeprom - system settings storage checksum error) with an error 3 (sram failure) would indicate to me an intermittent power supply problem. Keep an eye on it but chances are sooner or later it will need a trip back to IAG UK central.

In the meantime I would check your AV processors settings as they are probably set back to factory defaults.

3. SkyFire

SkyFire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Stevesky,

Thanks for your reply on the forum. When you're talking about the intermittent power supply, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean the power from the socket (I'm using it through a juice bar), or you mean the power supply inside the processer system.

Thanks for your help.

PS. It has been sent back to the shop and does it look like something fixable? Would it cost a lot to fix? Also is it a common problem for the AV32R (mine is only two years old)?

4. Stevesky

Stevesky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've replied in a PM, as you sent me a private message. To sum up I'll be very surprised if it's any major that's playing up. My money is on an intermittent problem with the 5 volt rail...