"Error 0x8000000A

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by braidan, Jul 6, 2015.

1. braidan

braidan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi

Getting this message when copying from BWT735 to Windows 8.1 laptop.
    "Error 0x8000000A: The data necessary to complete this operation is not yet available".
    The file name start to copy ok but the process then collapses.

I can play the file without a problem, just can't copy it either through windows explorer or through XBMC. I also have a DMR HW220 and there is no problem copying from that.

Has anyone come across this error before ?

2. braidan

braidan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    For anyone that comes across this issue in the future, turning off DLNA conversion within network settings has resolved the problem.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. TVJohn56

TVJohn56
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you give some more detail on how to do that? I'm getting the same error.

Thanks

John

4. braidan

braidan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Function Menu
    Others
    Setup
    Network
    Network Settings
    Home Network Settings

5. TVJohn56

TVJohn56
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I see, on the Panasonic device. I assumed you meant on the Windows PC. Unfortunately I don't have that option on mine (DMR-HW220), the home network is either on or off.

The annoying thing is it used to work fine, certainly when I had Windows 8.1. I've not tried to use it for a little while and now it suddenly won't work - possibly to do with the upgrade to Windows 10. I've spent ages messing with settings with almost no luck - I did very briefly manage to copy over one file but then it stopped working again.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Guess I'll have to keep searching.

John

6. TVJohn56

TVJohn56
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have managed to find a solution after searching far and wide: Twonky Media Server will do the trick. It's not as good as you can only copy one file at a time (as far as I can see), you get no progress bar and it feels slower - though that may be subjective - but at least it works.

7. John Kaz

John Kaz
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Panasonic DMR-HWT230 with the exact same problem. It was working fine until the Windows 10 Creators Update - I know it is this because I have another laptop on the same network that I have not updated that still works fine.

Anyway I inadvertently stumbled on a bizarre solution/workaround after hours of fruitless research. Basically you just try again after 10 or 15 minutes, but do not close the original error message dialog box. After 10 or 15 minutes (possible less but it may not work or only partially copy the file) hit the "Try again" button on the original dialog box you left open. It will also then copy to your PC in a matter of seconds as opposed to the minutes it used to take, as if it has been downloading in the background while you waited. It appears that the data literally wasn't "yet available" but given time it is! Tried this several times and works every time.

8. Madsnj

Madsnj
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you John! After many frustrating hours of changing settings on device and PC, I can confirm that this work for me too.

However, where is Microsoft?
    If Windows 10 Creator cannot move video files around within a home network, then they might as well call it the "Windows 10 obstructor"...