1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erratic volume control of a Denon AVC-A10SE via remote control

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by GETanner, Jun 16, 2003.

Tags:
  1. GETanner

GETanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    My Denon AVC-A10SE amp has developed an erratic response to remote control volume changes.

Previously, one tap on the +/- buttons gave you one db change in volume.

Now, a single tap may reward you with one of the following 3 actions.

a) No change in volume
    b) a Single db change in volume
    c) a rapid change of some 7 to 15 db levels (the actual amount is random) in volume

I have tried controlling the amp with the OEM controller (RC-869), a Marantz RC5000 programmed sometime last year and my Sky+ remote control.

All 3 remotes will reproduce the above effects on the volume and it happens with both + and - buttons.

I have changed batteries to fresh ones. Rotating the dial on the amp itself results in a single db volume change for each "click" of the dial.

The amp is some 2 years old and apart from the above, is showing no other signs of problems.

An ideas chaps?

Many thanks,

Guy

2. thxultra

thxultra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    i've got the same problem to.started to happen after i moved my amp to sit under my plasma.have heard plasmas can give off alot of rf that can interfere with the remote signal which seems to be the case with me.works fine if plasma is switch off, strange but true

3. GETanner

GETanner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    Thanks for that.

Odd thing is, I've not moved, added or removed any peice of equipment to my setup for 4 months now (and that was only a a simple S-Video switcher).

In terms of powered equipment, my setup has been the same for over a year now so that should rule out interference from other components.

Regards,

Guy