1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

erratic switch off of CD192

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by efraga, Apr 22, 2005.

1. efraga

efraga
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Erratic switch off of CD192

I’m having a problem with my 6 month old CD192 player. Sometimes when I am listening to a normal CD, it stops playing and goes to the initial display with the “0 : TRACK”. Then I notice that sometimes when it was on standby, suddenly it switches on to the same initial display with the “0 : TRACK”.

This isn’t normal I guess, but what can it be? It has appended at least 20 times. :confused:

Is it a problem with the CD? Or some interference due to other electric appliances? :confused:

What can I do ? I’m in PORTUGAL and the Authorised Distributor is new and I’m afraid they aren’t ready to help me.

Eduardo Fraga

2. ruben20

ruben20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    You have tried more than one cd right?

Did you buy from that dealer? he should help you than.

3. efraga

efraga
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, more than 100, so far.

The thing is, the dealer changed 2 months ago.

So, I think these new guys dont have any experience repairing this type of hifi component.

They are known for computer system sales, and now they want to go into the complet av home systems world.

Im a bit afraid to go there and get a " we dont know, we have to see... " type of answer.

I was hoping to get a feedback here first :lease: , and then go there. :( :(