Erratic Magic Eye - Help!!!

D

dom888

I have Sky+ and have been using a Magic Eye for several months with no real trouble. Recently however it's been acting rather oddly. When I push the channel up button for example, it skips through several channels at once. In fact pushing any remote control button seems to result in 2 actions happening in quick succession. In the past when it's happened, I just unplugged the Magic Eye for a few seconds and it was ok, but now it's doing it all the time. I've bought several different Magic Eyes recently and they all do the same thing. Please help.....!!!

derbyjj

Novice Member
Do you have a magic eye near your sky+ box ?
I have sky and Sky + both controlled through magic eyes. I experienced the same problem when I located a magic eye in my living room next to the sky+ box to control the sky box located upstairs. I think it was receiving the same signal from the remote once directly to the IR on the sky+box and then via the magic eye. Moving the eye to a different location solved it.

SamRadford

Novice Member
Reflections? Have you changed the room decorations or moved any furniture?

D

dom888

thanks for the advice; i'll try those suggestions. any other ideas greatly appreciated.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom