How on earth do they plan to have 2 million units ready for launch :confused:

mattym

Banned
if sony have 90 days to make 2million units, they need to get cracking,

2million / 90 days = 22,222 units per day, /24 = 926units per hour...ouch

Kazman

aRCaM said:
yeah, cause Sony only has one factory making these. :rolleyes:
Er, they really might actually only have one fab plant for this product. Unless you weren't being sarcastic and I totally missed that :)

Mickus

...In the interview with GS, Kaz Hairy (or what ever his name was) said that they where inspecting the production plants in Japan & China - so more then one then.

psikey

Distinguished Member
Being an Engineer with experience of mass production, I would have thought the processing equipment will shell them out like peas! Either that or hand made in China (there are 2 billion of them afterall ;) )

Kazman

Mickus said:
...In the interview with GS, Kaz Hairy (or what ever his name was) said that they where inspecting the production plants in Japan & China - so more then one then.
Inspecting and using are two different things though :).

Let's hope they reach their targets, if they don't start soon, then things could be quite a stretch.

Unless they are doing an MS and trying to induce some panic buying :D

D

Deleted member 92943

I believe Microsoft started mass producing the XBox 360 in July, August of 2005 and even then there weren't enough of them

Because Japan comes first for SONY they will probably get almost all of them to meet the demand. Theere will probably still be a world wide launch but i bet only a HANDFULL of people will get a PS3 at launch (Far less than the 360) and most people will have to wait until early next year.

If the demand is there in Japan, they will come first

RidleyDeckard

I have a feeling little Jimmy is going to be very disappointed this Xmas

mattym

Banned
10 factories working 24 hours would have to produce 92 units an hour, thats a lot of making!

Miyazaki

Novice Member
No matter how many they make it won't be enough for launch.

Logisitics is the biggest concern IMO

D

Deleted member 92943

Majority of Brit's who want one won't get them till march like with the XBox 360. VERY FEW will get one at launch

AML

I remember when the N64 was in production, they had to stop due to a lack of LED lights (the one in the front of the machines which indicates power).

So if Sony run out of any one little component, they will also have to stop production till they can get more.

Smak

I thought Sony had been stock piling components since E3'06, I think it wil be just a case of putting everything together.

RidleyDeckard

They haven't been stock piling Blu-Ray drives as to my knowledge, they still haven't finished the final spec yet

Trending threads

Top Bottom