Erasing User's ?

low-def.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to erase a 'user' on the PS3 ?

I have User 1 & User 2 on my PS3 and wanted to delete them.

Any ideas ?

Do you have to format the drive ?

Formatting the drive will not delete users. You need to restore the system - note this is different from restoring a backup although both are under the systems settings menu.

If you restore the system it formats the drive and then deletes the users.

Log in to the account that you want to delete and then press triangle whilst the account is highlighted to bring up a menu which will let you delete it.

its easy, no need to format anything!

So what happens if i buy one and register it and then after a week or so have to sell it. Can the new buyer make use of the guarantee if it goes wrong???

Dal

So what happens if i buy one and register it and then after a week or so have to sell it. Can the new buyer make use of the guarantee if it goes wrong???

Dal

Yes. The warranty is still valid for one year from the date of purchase even if the ownership changes.

I bought a 2nd hand US PS3 and deleted the user account of the previous owner. It was simple, however...he'd downloaded Tekken from the PS Store and it wouldn't let me play it with my new account I'd created???

I bought a 2nd hand US PS3 and deleted the user account of the previous owner. It was simple, however...he'd downloaded Tekken from the PS Store and it wouldn't let me play it with my new account I'd created???

That's because Tekken is a premium download and is tied to the original account that was used to download it. This will apply to any premium content. Free downloads however are not restricted in this way.

if you had kept his user on the PS3, made it guest or something, then it would have been fine,but downloads are removed with the user who bought them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom