ER season 1 dvd

aceandy79

Standard Member
Anyone know if they have used an anamorphic transfer for this boxset? On the retailers webpages it just says "16:9". My instinct tells me probably not.

goldeneye_dk

Standard Member

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
We have the review discs available, they are with Mark, I'll ask him what ratio they are.

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

As far as I know, the show was never filmed in Widescreen (of any kind) until about two or three years ago. However, if it was, then the show would probably be in 1.77:1 (which is what most US widescreen HD-TV shows are filmed in).

Having said that, Warner's aren't exactly that good with widescreen TV shows. Remember the balls-up they made with "Babylon 5"?! And why do they still insist on using double-sided discs, rather than single-sided ones? The cheapskates! :mad: :mad:

I do have one query though: what about other Regions, e.g. R4 Australia, R2 Japan, or R1 USA/Canada? Are they also on double-sided discs? I'd much rather get single-sided versions, not double-sided ones, because there's less chance of scratched discs.

Thanks, in advance,

Pooch

Robz

R1 of S1 comes on 4 double sided discs. (Actually only three are proper DVD-18 as the fourth is mainly bonus features if i recall correctly).

The R1 set is also anamorphic W/S. It was shot open matte i believe so they could broadcast in full frame but have a W/S original.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom