1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ER DVD release?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by mr_wriggly, Jun 6, 2002.

1. mr_wriggly

mr_wriggly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone know when (or indeed if) the American hospital drama ER will be coming out on DVD? The first two seasons came out on poxy VHS months ago, but the DVD version is nowhere to be seen.

I'd happily sell essential parts of my anatomy to get my hands on these when they come out.

:D

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi James,

As far as I know, there are no current plans to release any of "ER" onto DVD, either here or in the USA.

However, if you really, abosolutely must have the show on DVD, then Japan has Region 2 NTSC DVD boxed-sets of Seasons 1, 2 and 3 out on DVD, with 4 about to arrive any day now!:eek:

Each set, has all episodes, in their original English language DD2.0 Surround sound format, with Japanese removeable subtitles, but no extras.

The only problems is getting hold of them. At the minute, you can only get them from: Sazuma's Website. However, it's completely disorganised, and costs a bomb - about £80 per set, excluding hefty Postage and Packaging.

Also, Sazume take forever and a day to deliver! Expect to wait 2-3 months for your order to arrive, and don't expect any kind of helpful Customer Services, as they are awful about helping the customers!

Pooch

3. mr_wriggly

mr_wriggly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info Pooch. Sounds like the VHS version might be the only real option........

.......Damn