Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

ER-6i headphones for the NW-HD1

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Kastro, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Kastro

Kastro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Are these the best cannal-style headphones for under 50 pounds for use with the sony NW-HD1? i've spent a long time looking around this site and it seems to be a toss-up between these and the shure E2c's.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

kas :D

2. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    It's so much a personal issue re both fit and sound!!! But here's my view(!) The etys are fine - very clear "bright" sound -some say lacking bass. Need to get fit right - they go in quite a way ( I used the "triple flange" tips rather than the foam spongies!!) But I switched to Shure E3c's - just prefer fit (for me) and the sound just seems a wee bit "fuller" - I reckon they feel slightly more solid build too - etys are very small,light, very thin cable. Shures more solid,thick cable etc. ( So much a personal preference thing!! Both great phones I reckon!!)

PS Just for "rough"/fun/cheapo whatever - I usually carry a pair of Sony ex71s in my backpack/cycle bag - much "bassier" and not in same league as ety6i and e3c - but I like the fit for my ears so sometimes like to use them if out and about -ie not quiet/serious listening!!

3. Kastro

Kastro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think i'm going to go for the E2c's, thanks for your help :thumbsup:

(now to look for somewhere to get them for less than 40 pounds inc p+p...)

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,428
    Ebay's your only hope.....

5. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    one thing you may want to consider before spending the cash - the cable from each plug runs over the top of your ears & continues down your back, which can be quite fiddly. i have a pair of these but have recently got the 6i's for the fact that they dont run as described above & are IMO much easier to fit & less fiddly overall

stuart

6. shirleywhite

shirleywhite

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    stewart's right that over the ears and down your back is the "official" routing (!) - per the instruction manual. With my E3c's they sort of only really fit with the cable looping up and behind ears - but then instead of "down your back" - I have mine coming down and meeting "under my chin" and down my front - sounds odd to describe but works well etc!!