Er 40 on my box, not fixed till tuesday, WHAT ABOUT THE MATCH

BISHI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has any ideas about how to fix this before the match on sunday I would be soooooooooooo grateful. I also put an emergency add in classified if anyone has one for sale.!!!

If anyone has any ideas about how to fix this before the match on sunday I would be soooooooooooo grateful. I also put an emergency add in classified if anyone has one for sale.!!!

If they do its not theirs to sell as it still belongs to VM!

Also another box wont work as its not paired to your card.

Try 151 this evening - you might get the scottish call centre who may just possibly be more sympathetic ( mention how great it is to watch SPL on ESPN) and get you a callout tomorrow or even Sat a.m.

However as limblee says please tell us what sort of box you have - knowing this the contributors to this forum may be able to help.

Fully sympathise re the match but surely the fallback is the pub!

scientific atlantic is what it says on the back and its a V+ box. Did a bit of research and it appears to be a soldering fault. Somebody offered to lend me their standard box but it would seem it will not work with my card according to your info. We have scant freeview reception and the picture keeps dropping out on the TV but I really wanted to watch it in my cinema room with my mates. Does anyone know if I can get HD sports with a sky sub on xbox. Cheers for the heads up about the legality of virgin boxes, I didn't realise.

Hi thanks for your response

OK

Some things to try.

Switch off box at wall. Waait 5 mins

Meanwhile disconnect all cables except mains including "THE" cable.Take out card and re-insert. Switch on at wall wait 5 mins.

Switch on V+ (from standby) Wait until display is constant.

1)What does the V+ display say?

Switch off V+ at wall wait 5 mins during which time connect "THE" cable.

Switch on at wall wait 5 mins.

2)What does the V+ display say?

If all appears to be OK connect just the TV and set up V+ for the required output.
3) Does it work? If not what does it say.

Where do Sky Sports come into this? Sky Sports does not carry the world cup?? its on BBC or ITV. If you already have a dish then either a basic Freesat receiver or a Freesat HD box which you can get at various outlets off the shelf and install before the game will deliver.

Last edited:
So are you saying a sky player sports card for my x box won't be showing the match ?

So are you saying a sky player sports card for my x box won't be showing the match ?

i wouoldn't have thought so seeing as sky aren't allowed to show world cup games. You'll need access to bbc 1, do you still have an ariel on the house? if so use that.

i wouoldn't have thought so seeing as sky aren't allowed to show world cup games. You'll need access to bbc 1, do you still have an ariel on the house? if so use that.

Surely a sky sub for xbox will carry standard freeview channels ?

Have an aerial but freeview reception is crap. Can only get BBC channels and these keep pixelating !
Have purchased a months xbox sky sub from these very forms so fingers crossed that will work. Engineer coming out on Tues so if by some miracle we win I should be ok for the next match !!!

Surely a sky sub for xbox will carry standard freeview channels

No. Sky and Freeview are different companies entirely. It's not even the full Sky lineup (No Sky One for example).

The listing (as far as I can find out) is G.O.L.D., Sky Real Lives, Sky Arts 1, MTV ONE, Sky Sports News, British Eurosport, ESPN Classic, Sky News, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, History, Eden, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Nick Jr, Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Sports 3, Sky Sports XTRA.

The BBC wanted to do an iplayer for xbox but Microsoft wouldn't let them do it unless they limited it to gold subscribers, which the BBC were unwilling to do so it never happened. You can, however, stream the match via your PC.

if you decide to stream it from your pc obviously you can use the iplayer but I did find the badwidth was being used during the match and kept buffering.

I would reccomend using tvcatchup.com
it steams very well and is free!

Darren

Sky free sat had all the terrestrial channels............So it looks like I have just wasted my money buying a skyplayer sub for 1 month.......Are you sure there will be no football on it at all ?

Hi thanks for your response

OK

Some things to try.

Switch off box at wall. Waait 5 mins

Meanwhile disconnect all cables except mains including "THE" cable.Take out card and re-insert. Switch on at wall wait 5 mins.

1)What does the V+ display say?

Switch off V+ at wall wait 5 mins during which time connect "THE" cable.

Switch on at wall wait 5 mins.

2)What does the V+ display say?

If all appears to be OK connect just the TV and set up V+ for the required output.
3) Does it work? If not what does it say.

Where do Sky Sports come into this? Sky Sports does not carry the world cup?? its on BBC or ITV. If you already have a dish then either a basic Freesat receiver or a Freesat HD box which you can get at various outlets off the shelf and install before the game will deliver.

No matter what I do it says Er 40 followed by -nu-. No signal to TV whatsoever.....

OK desperation measures

Please look at where the cable emerges at the outside of your house. Round here this is a box with two output cables the first of which just carries the VM phone service and the other carries both the BB and Full TV service .

According to virgin forums the code is an error with the box and indicates a solder failure. I'm just gonna go down the pub and hope England win and just watch the next game at home if the engineer turns up on tuesday. Spent all morning trying to get freeview to work. I'm occasionally getting blocky images and then just nothing at all. I'm just having the worst luck :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom