• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Equivalent Panasonic model ? help !!

PlasmaNovice

Standard Member
For 6 years I've enjoyed a Panasonic TH37PV500. But I'm thinking of trading up to a 42". Can anyone advise on the equivalent model to the older model ?

The Tv I've got has enhanced sound and SD card slot. I don't want to have to install surround sound I'd like a TV that sounds good out of the box like the model I have now.

Some Tv's I've heard sound really bad.

Not really interested in 3d or connecting it to Sky. Mostly used to watch Freeview or DVD's

The existing model has been superb but I'd like something a bit bigger. Any help would be appreciated.

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Whats your budget? Maybe take a look at the G30 if you don't want 3D.
Sound wise I think my V20 is good for its size so the mid or top 2011 sets should be round the same. Sounds not going to be the best with theses screens as the are so thin, the VT30 has 2x 6watt and a 10 watt sub, the GT30 and G30 have 2x 10 watt speakers.

If main use is freeview and DVD maybe look at the Samsungs and LGs too.

PlasmaNovice

Standard Member
Thanks for the heads up.

I was hoping not to change manufacturers. My Panasonic still has a superb picture. Just a little small..... Sounds excellent next to others I've heard though. And not the easiest thing to get a demo of.

:(

I'll have a look at the model with the sub woofer.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom