• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Equipment Insurance


Well-known Member
I'm going to get married abroad in November and then taking almost 4 months off to go travelling. After just buying some travel insurance, it struck me that my camera equipment is not going to be covered by this, so wonder what insurance to get to cover this, and the small laptop that I'm taking.

Anyone got any suggestions?


Well-known Member
photoguard seems quite popular and also covers laptops. they also cover for EU and worldwide cover

i need to get some for my lenses and I think I'm going to go with them. Some people put it on the house insurance depending on your policy


Well-known Member
my household insurance covers up to £10,000 of my stuff (including camera) outside of the home (plus unlimited within the home) for all risks (theft, accidental damage etc) and is only £20 a year more expensive than the photo specialists wanted for just the camera kit (though it does have a £50 excess)

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom