1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

equipment + installation enquiry

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by frederic, Oct 10, 2003.

1. frederic

frederic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just ordered the SONY VPLHS3 projector. It's supposed to arrive beginning of november. First question: is it good?
    I also ordered surround sound system SONY DAV-S888. It's looks good. I'm not sure about the screen, possibly a 96 inch.
    My main question is: do you know who I should speak to to get the system installed. I think I can just have the projector on a shelf. I'm not good at all this technological stuff, so I would like someone to do it. I live in the Manchester area.
    I got quoted £500 by practical Hi Fi. It is supposed to be quite easy to setup with side shot. Apparently any sort of angle works. But I have been told you lose quality if it is not centered.
    What should I do?

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    erm i would read some more threads but you may find yourself revaluating your recent order in particluar the DAV888.

as for installation look at the CEDIA UK site for installers but you should be able to do it your self if you are ok with a bit of DIY

3. frederic

frederic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about the vpl HS3? I know the hs2 seems to have pretty good reviews.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Well i havent seen the HS3 so try US sites for reveiws. Why would you order possibly £1000's of pounds of gear with demoing or even reading a reveiw?