Equinox maintenance

Tonic27

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have had an email from Philips support to say they are sending a technician to have a look at the lip sync issues on my 55pus8204/12

has anybody had dealings with them? From the reviews they don't look too switched on !?!

I have no idea why they are coming, as far as I'm concerned it's Purley a software issue?

No dealing with those, but:
What exact issue you experience? Just be careful he does not put it to stereo mode where sync delay can be switched on and tries to sell it to you as chargeable visit.

Dolby digital from hd channels from virgin V6 box and sometimes firestick.
I will watch him don't worry, I'm an Electronics engineer and I'm fully aware of how it "should" work, he won't be just switching it into stereo ! Lol
Also the audio is behind the picture so it won't make any difference if he switches the audio delay on.

Last edited:
Dolby digital from hd channels from virgin V6 box and sometimes firestick.
I will watch him don't worry, I'm an Electronics engineer and I'm fully aware of how it "should" work, he won't be just switching it into stereo ! Lol
You got it covered then :D I know also that these sets struggle with some DD of blue ray videos from USB. Can remember sample I watched, but sound basically would jump all over place especially if its some higher bitrate. Worth downloading few to see if yours does it too. Cant blame virgin then ;) Also I remember if you rewind or fast forward video that could also knock sound sync too watching from hdd movies.

I had a great experience with equinox, needed a new screen on my TV, guy came out, looked at it, took a couple of pictures then fitted a new screen there and then, they were very quick to contact me once I'd got past the Philips fools and arranged a day to come round, phoned that morning to tell me when he'd be here and was on time.
Honestly couldn't fault them.

So equinox are going to order a main board for the lip sync issues, I'm not convinced, but willing to give it a shot.

I will keep you all updated.

So equinox are going to order a main board for the lip sync issues, I'm not convinced, but willing to give it a shot.

I will keep you all updated.

There are 3 options here:
1. Its just procedure and they just trying it.
2.Maybe you truly have faulty mainboard.
3. Usually boards can have revisions/year/month when manufacturer slightly adjust components used due to reported issues. Who knows maybe philips have secret database holding issues/solutions info. To avoid bad press and mass returns they just silently replace for those who "has some influence/knowledge" and cant be fobbed off. Very common in many industries now days.
Time will show :smashin:

Update: TV tech arrived and basically said it's pointless putting this board in as 8t won't make any difference, it's a software issue.

Now MY question is, is this a model specific problem or a global Philips problem.

I started a thread asking for models with this lip sync issue

Please post model number of TV with lip sync issues

Please post if you have or don't have problems so I can go to Philips with some fire power.

Thanks

Update: TV tech arrived and basically said it's pointless putting this board in as 8t won't make any difference, it's a software issue.

Now MY question is, is this a model specific problem or a global Philips problem.

I started a thread asking for models with this lip sync issue

Please post model number of TV with lip sync issues

Please post if you have or don't have problems so I can go to Philips with some fire power.

Thanks
At least he is being honest. Did you get written report?
Sadly philips don't care unless you are like retailer? I would press retailer to solve or replace/refund.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom