1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equinox AV 3 shelf stability?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by richardb70, Mar 3, 2005.

1. richardb70

richardb70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,898
    Giving some serious thought to either the Equinox AV (3 shelf) or Optimum AVFF3 for a 50" plasma, centre speaker, amp etc etc.

The only thing that concerns me about the AV is the fact that the top shelf is an add-on module - can anyone in the know say how stable this is? Against "nudges" and so on - don't really want an expensive TV crashing to the floor obviously.

Cheers!

P.S. Or am I completely off-course for a decent glass stand system? Would consider other alternatives.

2. masped

masped

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I have the 3-shelf version of the Equinox AV stand. I can assure you that it's extremely stable - the carpet spikes supplied with the add-on shelf fit into holes in the top of the base unit so it doesn't move if you bump into it. On the other hand, a 50'' plasma will likely overhang the edges of the stand by quite a margin (my 37'' Viera is exactly the same width as the stand) so you'll need to be careful you don't knock into the TV itself.

HTH,
    masped

3. richardb70

richardb70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,898
    Thanks very much for the reply. Yeah, I know about the overhang but I have yet to see a stand that's over a metre wide!

BTW, are you happy with the kit?

Cheers,
    Richard

4. masped

masped

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, very happy - it's well made, looks good and has plenty of space for all my kit.

5. Fahad

Fahad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you mind telling me where you bought it from as I'm interestd in the 2 shelf model.

Thanks

Fahad

6. masped

masped

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Fahad

Fahad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. One thing I can't get. The top shelf can take 75 kilos if you just buy the first piece which has 2 shelves. But what happens if you buy the add on shelf, does the now 2nd shelf still carry 75 kilos?

8. masped

masped

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, I don't understand that either. There doesn't appear to be any difference between the shelves themselves. I'm taking the weight limits to mean no more than 125kg across all 3 shelves, with a maximum of 75kg for any individual shelf.