'EQ' Your Room with iPhone

hodg100

Distinguished Member
The creator of the ‘Twinthesiser’ – the web-based software which turns posts made on Twitter into real sounds – will present his latest project as part of the 2011 Festival of Design and Innovation at Bournemouth University. Sam Harman, who is just completing his BSc (Hons) in Music and Audio Technology, will demonstrate his new iPhone application as part of the Festival which opens for a private view on Thursday, 23 June before opening to the general public on Friday, 24 June.

Sam’s iPhone Impulse Response Application is designed to capture the acoustical characteristics of a room, (otherwise known as an impulse response) which can then be duplicated through a computer. “It’s really designed for musicians, audio technicians or acousticians but the application makes it easy for anyone to use,” Sam enthuses. “Previously it’s required a lot of microphones, cables, laptops, etc but now you can just do it all on your iPhone and then plug-in to your computer and use the data collected by the application to make any audio on your computer sound like it was being performed or recorded within the room or environment that you’ve captured.”

It had to happen.

Attachments

• iPhone.jpg
    iPhone.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 124

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
I don't believe it.

But would be really interested in what people think if they've used it :smashin:

Sammio2

Standard Member
Hello,

Firstly, thanks for sharing the news! I'm the developer of iResponse App, just wanted to clarify a few points. Mainly, the app does not 'EQ' the room exactly, it mainly captures the reverberations and reflections within the room, although if the room has any natural EQ characteristics these are picked up as well. The app isn't available for download yet, but will be released shortly following my graduation

@Badger It really does work, Honest! :) I will be posting some samples and demonstration material up on my website (Sam Harman - Audio Technologist & Mobile Applications Developer.) after it has been announced and exhibited at the design show.

Again, thanks for the post. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Sam

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Hello,

Firstly, thanks for sharing the news! I'm the developer of iResponse App, just wanted to clarify a few points. Mainly, the app does not 'EQ' the room exactly, it mainly captures the reverberations and reflections within the room, although if the room has any natural EQ characteristics these are picked up as well. The app isn't available for download yet, but will be released shortly following my graduation

@Badger It really does work, Honest! :) I will be posting some samples and demonstration material up on my website (Sam Harman - Audio Technologist & Mobile Applications Developer.) after it has been announced and exhibited at the design show.

Again, thanks for the post. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Sam

That was just the cynic in me coming out :D

I look forward to hearing more about it :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom