EQ LED's on Sunfire True EQ Signature sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by RikC, Jun 14, 2009.

1. RikC

RikC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi folks,

Just bought the Sunfire True EQ Signature (13" version). The AutoEQ worked brilliantly and its a great sub (I'm upgrading from the Sunfire D-12).

One question for any other EQ Sig owners: are the 8 yellow EQ LED's supposed to stay on at all times? Mine do. I have the EQ authority set to 100% (normal). I've played around with pressing the Start button and I can easily get in and out of the different EQ modes (Auto and Manual) so nothing seems to be amiss. It just seems a bit odd to have those LEDs on constantly...

Also, is the sub supposed to go into standby mode after 10-15mins? Does the blue LED go off when it does?

Thanks for any help.

!!:)

2. Rob Sinden

Rob Sinden
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,900
    Hi ISpy
    I'm glad you're happy with your sub. I dont know of any other product that gives this much output from such a tiny cabinet. It's good to hear you're using the inbuilt 8 band parametric equaliser which is the same technology as is found in products such as the stand alone Velodyne SMS unit. This will really help reduce excess bass due to your room's modes.
    The 8 yellow LED's should stay on all the time, these just show you that the EQ circuit is working correctly.
    The sub should turn off after 15 minutes or so to go into standby mode so it sounds like everything is working perfectly.
    All the best
    Rob

3. RikC

RikC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Thanks Rob. Appreciate the quick response. Yes, it's surprisingly capable for its size. The D12 was also very similar dimensions and also capable but the True Sig definitely has the power - especially for my listening room which is 8m x 6m.

Cheers.

4. Rob Sinden

Rob Sinden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,900
    You might want to experiment with re positioning your sub to see where it gives best results if you haven't already done so.
    Sunfire recommend positioning their twin driver subs across a corner so the face with no driver faces the listening position.
    I've also found a big improvement in some rooms by turning the sub through 180 degrees as one of the drivers is active and the other is passive. Unfortunately each re positioning requires a new EQ set up.
    Cheers
    Rob

5. RikC

RikC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I recall reading in the manual that some folks stick 1 1/2" spikes on the active woofer and rotate the sub so its down-firing with the passive cone facing up! Ever heard of that? Sounds terrifyingly powerful IMHO.

6. Rob Sinden

Rob Sinden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,900
    I'm tempted to call them freaks...... but this pales in to insignificance compared with the time and money I'd spent on systems and dem rooms over the years.
    I guess it beats bird watching!