• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

EQ Dual Subs???

pws

Hi all,

I have two equal subs and are each on the left and right hand corner.

At present I EQ them as a single sub.

I have the ability to EQ them each as two separate subs via the audyssey multEQ.

Would I gain or lose anything by doing this?

Cheers

Paul

Jase

Distinguished Member
Which Audyssey version do you have? If you EQ both seperately you can then end up with peaks and nulls when they're both running together.

Ideally, you'd have each one with it's own delay/distance and trim levels but EQ'd as one when both are running.

pws

Hi

Its the stand alone MultEQ unit.

They are both symmetrically positioned in the room in relation to the MLP and when I treated them singular before the EQ found no difference in trim or distance.

I think I'll leave them alone then :)

The reason for the question is a new amp for the speakers so I have to re EQ again.

Thanks for the reply :)

Jase

Distinguished Member
If that Audyssey unit 'pings' each sub individually to set the levels, delay and then the following mic position sweeps are applied to both subs at the same time, that's good. I'm not sure if it does that or not? If not, then leave it as it is now.

My old Denon with the first version of Audyssey XT could EQ up to three subs in various configurations. The main problem was that whilst it set each one with seperate delays etc it would EQ each sub individually. When you then ran them together the results weren't good even with subs equidistant to the MLP. Audyssey and Denon rectified this slight balls up in later models.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom