Epson's new Eh-TW 6600 entry level pj with lens shift

Hope you've fixed it; but if you don't know about the link with the TV behaviour you can easily convince yourself you've fixed it for it to only return later.

Many TVs have a similar behaviour - all to do with meeting the EU targets for 0.5W standby.

Since i'm about to take the plunge on one of these, any owners who already have one and use it in a dedicated cinema room situation care to share some preferred settings ?

I accept fully that it's best to experiment within your own surroundings, but i'm basically a lazy sod, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Best piece of advice I could give with regard to this projector is to use a grey screen. I have a grey 2.39:1 (Dulux grey steel 2 on mdf, minus the sparkly additive that some DIY screeners use) and the result is nothing short of sensational even with plenty ambient light from table lamps, some white walls, etc. Contrast this with my initial response, projecting onto a white screen - namely, to take the projector back and exchange it for something else. So glad now that I didn't. Genuinely looks like a ten foot flat screen TV with 1080p material and football looks perfectly acceptable even with the curtains open. Had read how much difference a grey screen was supposed to make but never fully appreciated it before - far more essential (and achievable) than total light control in my experience.

Last edited:
Cheers for that. Only changed my screen during the Summer so I might go the Hoya filter route.

Here are some screenshots from mine. Mix of 1080 and
image.jpg
720p material and not even close to full light control
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom