Epson's new Eh-TW 6600 entry level pj with lens shift

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
at last here's a replacement for the much praised Epson 3200 which I saw at IFA which looked very sharp with a nice punchy image, even in not so favourable conditions on a white screen

Press releases - Newsroom - Epson

EH-TW6600 - Epson

at 2500 lms it's gonna be ideal for living room situations with an ambient screen, the all important lens shift making positioning very simple, 3 years warranty, expected 5000 hrs lamp life, 70,000:1 contrast ratio, 3d emitter built in and ships with 1 pair of RF 3d glasses available in wireless version as well

at £1399 this is going to be a another winner from Epson at a very good price

mikemag

Distinguished Member
Afternoon Allan

Any idea when this will be actually available to buy ?

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
yes these can be pre ordered now :smashin:

sjackson

Could this mean a clear out of the 3200's?

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
the 3200 hasn't been a current model for over 2 years, the last stocks were all bought by PP I think it was to clear them out yonks ago

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
Allan, will there be a new TW9xxx?

no, the current 9200's will continue but there will be a fw enhancement for them
I honestly don't know what it will be for or improve but it's coming

also I don't know if the 9100's or 7200's will benefit either but time will tell :smashin:

mbmapit

no, the current 9200's will continue but there will be a fw enhancement for them
I honestly don't know what it will be for or improve but it's coming

also I don't know if the 9100's or 7200's will benefit either but time will tell :smashin:

When will you have info on the FW update buddy?

Member 518284

Distinguished Member

its due any day now just been told and it will be for the 9200`s only

"Firmware update due any day, it will enhance the super resolution and detail enhancement (better versions of both within the software). It will be downloadable from our website onto a USB and then onto the machine once available"

I`m hoping to post a link here when its available or you may well beat me to it :D

cheers Allan

mbmapit

its due any day now just been told and it will be for the 9200`s only

"Firmware update due any day, it will enhance the super resolution and detail enhancement (better versions of both within the software). It will be downloadable from our website onto a USB and then onto the machine once available"

I`m hoping to post a link here when its available or you may well beat me to it :D

cheers Allan

Looks like I need to sell my 9000 to get a 9200 then unless a manufacturer releases a better PJ the same size or smaller than my 9000 :(

soupdragon

Distinguished Member
Looks like I need to sell my 9000 to get a 9200 then unless a manufacturer releases a better PJ the same size or smaller than my 9000 :(
....or just buy a darbee darblet perhaps?

These extra features can be hit and miss and a bit subjective on how good they are. I really like Jvc's e-shift for example, but not keen on Sony reality creation. Others would say the opposite. No idea what Epson offering will be like. Most people like Darbee though....

mbmapit

....or just buy a darbee darblet perhaps?

These extra features can be hit and miss and a bit subjective on how good they are. I really like Jvc's e-shift for example, but not keen on Sony reality creation. Others would say the opposite. No idea what Epson offering will be like. Most people like Darbee though....

I've got one soup ;) The reason I said I need a 9200 is because my PJ box was made to fit the chassis of the 9000 series and so the new sony 4K or epson ls10000 won't fit :(:mad:

Member 518284

Distinguished Member

and here it is :clap:

The TW9200 Series firmware upgrade is available to download from the support pages on the website

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en//viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/support/12416?searchKey=tw9200

Just scroll down to ‘Drivers & Software – Firmware’. The zip file contains the firmware package and PDF explaining how to run firmware upgrades via USB.

Just to confirm, the new firmware is applicable for all models in the series – TW7200 / TW9200 / TW9200W.

mbmapit

and here it is :clap:

The TW9200 Series firmware upgrade is available to download from the support pages on the website

http://www.epson.co.uk/gb/en//viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/support/12416?searchKey=tw9200

Just scroll down to ‘Drivers & Software – Firmware’. The zip file contains the firmware package and PDF explaining how to run firmware upgrades via USB.

Just to confirm, the new firmware is applicable for all models in the series – TW7200 / TW9200 / TW9200W.

Thanks buddy, but if you were in my shoes would you upgrade from the 9000 to the 9200 or wait and see if something comes out same size or smaller that is better?

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
Thanks buddy, but if you were in my shoes would you upgrade from the 9000 to the 9200 or wait and see if something comes out same size or smaller that is better?

such as??

their is nothing new from JVC this year so that rules them out, Sony, well the HW40 & 55 are to remain current models well into next year I`m told

That leaves the DLP gang so I`ll leave that to someone who has more experience with them as to be honest the only one I`ve had experience of of late is the Optoma HD91 led projector

what did you have in mind btw?

mbmapit

such as??

their is nothing new from JVC this year so that rules them out, Sony, well the HW40 & 55 are to remain current models well into next year I`m told

That leaves the DLP gang so I`ll leave that to someone who has more experience with them as to be honest the only one I`ve had experience of of late is the Optoma HD91 led projector

what did you have in mind btw?

What I wanted was 4K or pseudo 4K but in a chassis no bigger than the Epson 9*** series but it looks like I'm sh*t out of luck for another year :(

Hence why I asked if it's worth going from my 9000 to the 9200. It's that or I spend loads of money ripping down the purpose made boxing and starting again :(

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
have you seen a 9200 with a Darbee and Super High Res engaged, its looks good to me and everyone who see`s it here to be honest

I can`t remember if your 9000 has this feature if I`m being honest with you, the fw supposedly improves the SHR and some other things which I can`t remember what they were, it won`t be massive as these things never are but if its a free improvement then that's all that matters

mbmapit

have you seen a 9200 with a Darbee and Super High Res engaged, its looks good to me and everyone who see`s it here to be honest

I can`t remember if your 9000 has this feature if I`m being honest with you, the fw supposedly improves the SHR and some other things which I can`t remember what they were, it won`t be massive as these things never are but if its a free improvement then that's all that matters

Yeah my 9000 has the SHR mode and I have a darbee, it is good but I really want better detail to start with not enhanced via tricks (no matter how good a job the tricks do lol). I'm clearly asking a lot it's just such a shame the chassis for the new Epson is bigger than the one I have now :(

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
now that is a good projector..........

anyway this is the new 6600 thread so we`d best not take it off topic any more ;)

Colonel Burton

Hi guys, is there much of a difference between the 6600 and the 3200? thinking about upgrading as my 3200 is out of warranty and has now developed a blue tint on a third of the screen and a flicker effect going on. Cheers for any input.

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
from what j remember if the 3200 and what I've seen of the 6600 I'd go with a 6600 every time

better blacks especially, 3D if that's your thing, more lms output, higher contrast ratio, it all helps to make it a better machine overall and I`d say the 6600 is smaller but don`t take that as being gospel

Allan

Colonel Burton

Ok cheers for that Allan, probably go with 6600 if/when I can find a review of one lol

Member 518284

Distinguished Member
you need to do your own review as in seeing it for yourself ;)

I`ve got one here in the morning fresh outta the box so I`ll be looking at it myself here :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung QD-OLED TVs primed for 2022 launch?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky to add NBCUniversal's Peacock service
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen announces Beoplay EQ TWS earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th July 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky drops Sky One brand and introduces Showcase and Max