1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson XGA Projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jim_herd, May 11, 2001.

1. jim_herd

jim_herd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Folks,

This is my first post to this forum, so please bear with me ;). I'm in the market for a projector which would double as a PC projector (for presentations, web surfing, general computer usage, games, etc.) and a home cinema projector.

I've got a PC on order which should make for a great HTPC (this is a new phrase to me but I think it's appropriate ;)). It has a 1000MHz Athalon processor, 64Mb geforce 2 ultra graphics card with tv out, DVD ROM drive and 6 channel Dolby Digital sound card so I reckon it'll do the job! All I need is the right projector at the right price to complement it.

I've heard that the new Epson 70c (or is that 700c?) with MLA is pretty good and I'm arranging for a demo along with probably NEC and Sanyo models as well. I called up Comdis on a recommendation from another thread and they're going to arrange it for me.

Any comments, advice for the demo, etc. would be appreciated.

Cheers,

JAH

2. mrtgilbert

mrtgilbert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear Jah,

I have a nice Barco Graphic 801s which, being the top of the range Graphic model, will display workstation (ie very high) quality data, as well as producing lovely images. I can supply for around £2000 + VAT (£2300 with). This unit really is in great condition and would give a very good picture for a relatively low price. If you would like to see before buying, I would be happy to demonstrate at our office in Tring, Herts. Unfortunately we do not offer a delivery service, due to the time involved in delivery and the weight of the unit. I would also be delighted to show you how to set up the unit correctly, and can give you a photocopy of Barco's detailed installation manual.

I also have a few Barco 600 and 800 units, if you are interested.

As well as being Barco dealers, we are also Epson dealers, and so would give you a decent quote and lots of advice if needed,

Regards, Graham Gilbert
    Hardware Developments
    01442 890700

3. jim_herd

jim_herd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Graham,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately, it would be difficult for me to make it up to where you are since I don't have a car capable of making the journey at the moment.

However, I'd appreciate any further info on the suitability of the projectors you've mentioned and the Epsons for home cinema.

Cheers,

Jim