Epson warranty, WOW !!!

fallwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been reading up on the new epson tw600 and the most appealing thing to me is the warranty cover, 8 hrs callout from first reporting a problem, repair or replacement within 16 working hrs. Can anyone confirm that this warranty is actualy as good as it sounds, if they can stick to the hrs they are advertising then this could be the answer to all my reliability problems, dont mind it breaking down if its gonna be replaced or fixed within 16hrs.Now just have to wait for a review of the tw600, sounds damn good though.

fallwood said:
Just been reading up on the new epson tw600 and the most appealing thing to me is the warranty cover, 8 hrs callout from first reporting a problem, repair or replacement within 16 working hrs. Can anyone confirm that this warranty is actualy as good as it sounds, if they can stick to the hrs they are advertising then this could be the answer to all my reliability problems, dont mind it breaking down if its gonna be replaced or fixed within 16hrs.Now just have to wait for a review of the tw600, sounds damn good though.

Is this for three years then?

Yep 3 year cover, I think its an extra though, just trying to find out how much it is .

Well that is very misleading, uppon further investigation it seems that they dont offer the coverplan for pj's even though there's a link to it on the tw600 spec page, will ring them later to find out exactly what the warranty is.

Just been on the phone to epson and the pj comes with a 3yr onsite warranty, if it can't be repaired onsite they will replace the unit, generally they will try to get someone out next day but cannot guarantee this unless you have the cover plus protection (not available for projectors), one other thing to consider is the cost of replacement bulbs, a stonking 358 squids with the vat and it only does a max of 3000 hrs, warranty on bulbs is 3 months and unlike panasonic they do not seem to be flexible on that at all, if it dies after 3 months then its your responsibility even if its a new bulb still in the box, this is a very sore point with me as i've had a few bulbs die at around the 1000hr mark and have always had them replaced by panasonic. Any comments on bulb reliability for the epson machines, I don't mind having to buy one every year even at the ridiculous price of 358 if its a fairly safe bet that I would get 3000 from it.

fallwood said:
Just been on the phone to epson and the pj comes with a 3yr onsite warranty, if it can't be repaired onsite they will replace the unit, generally they will try to get someone out next day but cannot guarantee this unless you have the cover plus protection (not available for projectors), one other thing to consider is the cost of replacement bulbs, a stonking 358 squids with the vat and it only does a max of 3000 hrs, warranty on bulbs is 3 months and unlike panasonic they do not seem to be flexible on that at all, if it dies after 3 months then its your responsibility even if its a new bulb still in the box, this is a very sore point with me as i've had a few bulbs die at around the 1000hr mark and have always had them replaced by panasonic. Any comments on bulb reliability for the epson machines, I don't mind having to buy one every year even at the ridiculous price of 358 if its a fairly safe bet that I would get 3000 from it.

I don't know how relevant this is but we bought a budget Epson projector for data projection here at work. We had a problem (a design flaw, was the eventual reason) and it didn't quite work as smoothly as the warranty promises. A guy arrived after a couple of days of reporting the flaw, he reseated the cables in the projector and filled in a report saying that he couldn't fix the problem. Basically his visit was a total waste of time. After alot of phone calls, (cueing time on their telephone support is a nightmare BTW), about 4 weeks and eventually calling my supplier to take on the fight, they agreed to give me a loan unit. Shortly after that they discovered what the problem was and the same service guy came back and fixed the original pj.

Sadly, I wasn't anoyed by this as it's the kind of service we consumers have come to accept these days. However, had this been my homecinema projector I would have been very put out. To be fair though, perhaps their service is better in the UK

Fallwood

Have you checked out Ivojo? The new Panasonic 900 has only a 1 year RTB warranty and no warranty on the bulb according to their site. This has completely put me off buying it! Unless it's wrong of course.

Squibbly

squibbly said:
Fallwood

Have you checked out Ivojo? The new Panasonic 900 has only a 1 year RTB warranty and no warranty on the bulb according to their site. This has completely put me off buying it! Unless it's wrong of course.

Squibbly

Exactly why I wont be buying another panasonic, a decent warranty is essential with a projector as they seem to be prone to breaking down a lot. To my mind the 3 yr warranty offered by sanyo,epson and a few others reflects the companys faith in their products, for panasonic to seemingly reduce their warranty (12 months or 3000hrs and no bulb warranty) as most of the other big players are upping theirs seems a marketing disaster waiting to happen. As I have discovered over the years picture quality is not the only thing to be taken into consideration when buying a projector, good after sales service is a must.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom