Epson w6000, mounting on shelf placement

eishg

hi guys, im looking at getting a epson 6000 along with a high contrast high gain screen so i can use it well in the daytime.

so i was planning on putting the projector on a rear shelf, am i correct in thinking that the lens for this projector has to be at the same height as the bottom of my screen?
the problem is my sofa is right next to the wall, and the shelf will be about an inch above someones head.

can i place my projector a bit higher say 6 inches and use keystone correction to move the picture down, and will this effect pictue quality a great deal?

LeeC

Banned
That's exactly the same problem I had, so I had to ceiling mount.

I can't remember who it was that confirmed that your lens should be the same height as the bottom when upright, and the top when inverted.

Not sure on the keystone, I mean my 6000W is quite a bit below the bottom of the screen at the moment (probably close to 12 inches), and I use a fair chunk of keystone. I've not noticed anything major, degradation wise, but then again, I'm still in the "wow" mode, at having just moved up from my old TW10H.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
I can't remember who it was that confirmed that your lens should be the same height as the bottom when upright, and the top when inverted.

T'was me:)

Lastshadow

Novice Member
I'm in a similar predicament and would like to know if the same applies to the 9000w model I intend to buy......I'm starting to think no projector is ideal for rear shelf mounting. What is the ideal set up for a rear shelf mounted projector?

kbfern

Distinguished Member
The 9000 has lens shift so shelf placement is ok.

kbfern

Distinguished Member

Lastshadow

Novice Member
I'm going to go with a 110" 16x9 screen at a throw range of about 14'8" (what calculators shows) should work out fine, unfortunately my wall does not allow for anything bigger.

thxs

potshot

Quote (hi guys, im looking at getting a epson 6000 along with a high contrast high gain screen so i can use it well in the daytime.

so i was planning on putting the projector on a rear shelf, am i correct in thinking that the lens for this projector has to be at the same height as the bottom of my screen?
the problem is my sofa is right next to the wall, and the shelf will be about an inch above someones head.

can i place my projector a bit higher say 6 inches and use keystone correction to move the picture down, and will this effect pictue quality a great deal?) Quote

I bought the 6000 and sent it back because of no lens shift and ended spending a whole lot more, but without lens shift it would been a nightmare to place the 6000 at the top or bottom of the screen. Epson has made a very big mistake not including lens shift on the 6000 and think many will have problems with to placement of the 6000 and I think it will cost epson sales of the 6000. The missus doesn't want the PJ on the ceiling so that took away my flexibility and I didn't know if a joist run near the centre line of my screen. Lens shift really makes placement a non issue and its a doodle to set up.

johny1980

Quote (hi guys, im looking at getting a epson 6000 along with a high contrast high gain screen so i can use it well in the daytime.

can i place my projector a bit higher say 6 inches and use keystone correction to move the picture down, and will this effect pictue quality a great deal?) Quote

I bought the 6000 and sent it back because of no lens shift and ended spending a whole lot more, but without lens shift it would been a nightmare to place the 6000 at the top or bottom of the screen. Epson has made a very big mistake not including lens shift on the 6000 and think many will have problems with to placement of the 6000 and I think it will cost epson sales of the 6000. The missus doesn't want the PJ on the ceiling so that took away my flexibility and I didn't know if a joist run near the centre line of my screen. Lens shift really makes placement a non issue and its a doodle to set up.

im the opposite and lucky i can just make do without it

i have been able to buy an exceptional projector at a cheap price

if they had included lense shift and sold more expensively i would not of been able to purchase

eishg

it is a good price for what you get, if it works in your environment.

seems like for the 5900 and 6000 there isnt much difference in specs and price, and then a huge gap between 6000 and 9000.

id have paid a bit more with something inbetween the last two models if it made placement easier.

i might look into the new acer 9500bd (3d) which has lens shift, i hope its brightness is close to the epson 6000.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom