Quantcast

Epson UK announce TW7300, TW9300 & TW9300W 4K enhanced projectors and prices

sraper

And the biggest question for me is is the TW9300W functionally equivalent to the Epson Pro Cinema6040UB

Oh and apparently a few other people are wondering about dust blobs and sealed light paths:D

sraper

Looking forward to full reviews and comparisons with jvc e-shift models
And of course the nearest comaparable Sony full 4K models:)

dts77

Now that would be interesting.. Who knows..might be that we dont need native 4k after all..or im i just wishfully thinking?:-?

xxGBHxx

Theres also a 8300 mentioned in the manual which hasn't been announced yet which I'm guessing will be around £2499 if it gets released.

flyinmunky1

Finally may be able to upgrade form my Epson tw5500 to the tw9300.

Is there a projector screen calculator for it yet? or is it same as 9200? I'm looking to get a 120" from 12.5 to 13 feet. I'm at the extreme end of zoom sadly.

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
I think they're going to have throw ratios very similar if not the same to the previous models. I think I found a throw calculator on one of the Epson websites - possibly the US one.

xxGBHxx

The manual is uploaded to the UK site off the link above and in that it has all the throw ratios. Should be able to work it out from that fairly accurately.

As an idea for 100inch screen, minimum throw is 300cm (about 9'10") and maximum is 630cm. 120" is going to come in about 360cm minimum which is roughly 11'10". To as long as you're at 12' or more you should be perfectly fine.

G

Rickyj at Kalibrate

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Theres also a 8300 mentioned in the manual which hasn't been announced yet which I'm guessing will be around £2499 if it gets released.
The 8200 was never released in the UK, and I don't think we will see the 8300 in the UK either (as it would have been announced with the 7300, 9300 and 9300W).

geogan

You dont need true 4k, trust me. Utter disappointment true 4k
Really? What 4K source and display have you seen that gave you this conclusion?

xxGBHxx

The 8200 was never released in the UK, and I don't think we will see the 8300 in the UK either (as it would have been announced with the 7300, 9300 and 9300W).
Ah fair enough didn't know that. I was wondering how they would have shoehorned it into a price point between the other two as lets face it someone who's considering a £3k projector isn't likely to worry about the £400 or £500 ish difference between those two top models.

Thanks

G

xxGBHxx

Really? What 4K source and display have you seen that gave you this conclusion?
There are numerous side by side comparisons that have been done for the JVC against the full 4k Sony's and just about everyone has said there is little difference unless you get up very very close (i.e. inches from the screen). Under normal viewing conditions at normal viewing distances even in a bat cave any difference is so insignificant as to not be relevant.

There seems to be a general consensus at the moment that there is very little if any benefit to "true" 4k over e-shift amongst those lucky enough to have done the comparison.

G

xavster

Do we think the claimed difference in contrast ratio is marketing or will there be a noticeable difference?

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Do we think the claimed difference in contrast ratio is marketing or will there be a noticeable difference?
Good question. I was recently looking at Cine4homes website with the test of the previous model, where they say that the advertised figure can be achieved with test patterns and aggressive use of the auto iris, but not with watchable video content. In real terms they show a native of 8000:1 and dynamic of 50,000:1, and I think that model had a manual iris as well as a dynamic one. That doesn't bode well for the 7300 with just the auto iris and less advertised contrast unless the same can be achieved in video mode. It may also have something to do with the increased brightness at the expense of contrast.

We'll have to wait for C4Hs test unless someone here gets one before hand and can do the testing for us. It also looks like these models can benefit from FL-Day filters and recalibration in dynamic mode for more lumens if you need them. Not sure if that will be doable for just rec709 and not 2020/P3. Again, will have to wait and see.

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
You don't have to attach filters directly to the lens, they can be mounted in front of the pj and just ensure the full image passes through unhindered. I think some people here are using lens hoods inside out on the Sony models and there may be just enough lens cowling to do that with the Epsons.

I really really struggle to see these being much of s upgrade over tw7200 and Tw9200

Hdr is the biggest marketing scam since HDR was announced!

Last edited:

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Plus P3 wider colour gamut and the ability to accept and render UHD which they couldn't do before. I hope HDR can be disabled on any pj with UHD capabilities without affecting all the other UHD features.

Trending threads

Latest News

TV sales rise as UK stays home
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 30th March 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
UK telecoms come together to keep country connected
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sharp and NEC display venture to push 8K + 5G tech