1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson tweaking

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Joshm74, Jan 1, 2005.

1. Joshm74

Joshm74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, my Epson TW10 projector has the lamp set to 'Theatre Black' mode which apparently increases the lamp life and gives the best picture in dark conditions (and it is truly awesome PQ :smashin: ). Image brightness, contrast and sharpness can also be adjusted manually from the menus. I was wondering though, does increasing the brightness and contrast etc reduce the lamp life at all, or is the lamp unaffected by these adjustments?

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, brightness/contrast adjustments just effect the LCD panels. No effect on the lamp/lamp life.

:smoke:

3. Joshm74

Joshm74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the speedy reply Kramer - I had a feeling that would be the case but just wanted to be sure. Now I can tweak away without worry!

Also forgot to ask, do you know if keystoning has any negative effects on the lamp life/projector in general? I'm guessing that it would make the LCD/lens work harder but not really affect the lamp?

TIA

4. maxiboy

maxiboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should try to avoid using keystone as it will have a negative effect on picture quality, if you can't avoid it, try to keep it to a minimum.

If you want more info, then this topic will come up in more depth with a quick search