Epson TW9400/7400 information

That looks lovely.

The noise level specs for the 7400 versus the 7300 look a bit odd, in that it states 31dB for 'normal' compared to 24dB for the 7300. I can't find the equivalent spec for the 9400, but it would be nice to clear it up. At the moment I'm assuming somebody filled in the high power number by mistake. Alan, do you have the 9400 datasheet?

Hi Allan,

Could I ask what the weight is as I’ve had a quick search and can’t find any details. Would you offer part exchange on a tw3200?

Thanks
Mic P

if it wasn't negative it wouldn't be a forum - they are all the same whatever they are talking about

thanks Al when you get the JVC N5 on demo I wouldn't mind a back to back demo with the 9400 so I can see the real world difference as I assume the 9400 will be better than 9300 but "to a degree" only - and that is not a bad thing at all as the picture thrown by the 9300 when calibrated is a very impressive thing even after 2 years and 2000 hours of use

p1.jpg
p4.jpg

why would you assume that

the 9000 series onwards have always been available in both black and white albeit it the "W" version which is wireless as well and a £300 premium for the wireless addition
TBH given the different functionality I´d argue the "W" version is really a different model and it only comes in white - the pricing difference is clearly based on the spec change rather than the colour.

So to rephrase my question, is there any indication that the non-wireless version will be coming in white? And since we are at it, to satisfy potential others, any indication if the wireless version will be in black?

and there are clearly a lot more HDR settings on the 9400 which may be a very good thing as you did have to work a bit on the settings to get a good HDR image out of the 9300

auto select of HDR is very useful as on the 9300 you have to set different picture memory settings for SDR and HDR - not a major thing but one button less to press

@Ideal AV ooooh niiiice :) I'll take it!!

When do you think you'll be able to demo it? Any more information on when it'll be shipping?

if it wasn't negative it wouldn't be a forum - they are all the same whatever they are talking about

thanks Al when you get the JVC N5 on demo I wouldn't mind a back to back demo with the 9400 so I can see the real world difference as I assume the 9400 will be better than 9300 but "to a degree" only - and that is not a bad thing at all as the picture thrown by the 9300 when calibrated is a very impressive thing even after 2 years and 2000 hours of use

View attachment 1082273 View attachment 1082274

I'd be interested in the N5 comparison but I know I can't justify the extra $$$ given all the other kit I need to buy.

:thumbsup: A little bit of wee came out :)

Thanks for the pics Al, looks amazing :thumbsup:

"Increased from the 9300 and noticeably so"
Oh damn :facepalm: Anyway, thanks and if it's closer to the lowest JVC contrast than ever then it could be a serious candidate for me unless the input lag is bad which is unlikely since the 7400 is under 30ms.

Thanks @Ideal AV looks a lovely machine. I'm sure the speakers comment was tongue in cheek....at least I hope it was?

I may finally take a trip over to see you for a demo at some stage, as having recently seen the 9300 I was mightily impressed, would be a nice upgrade on my 9200.

So Allan I am just awaiting the reviews and will be buying one assuming no major issues. It will be a heavenly uplift from my classic 9000 :)

I really appreciate the unboxing and initial shots. I'll be interested in seeing how it handles the BladeRunner 2049 scene that has so heavily featured in the Dynamic Tone Mapping Option for the new JVC N's.

the only issue i can see as yet is that its too cheap, i honestly expected it to be launched at £2999 as was the 9300, initial impressions for me is that its better and i like it a lot

We did noticed that it looked very smooth, no panning judder, their is a particularly bad start to Deadpool when the opening text credits are panning across the screen, the 9300 toiled with them a little and motion judder could be seen, the 9400 was as smooth as silk so an instant improvement we thought

unfortunately its now doing the rounds as other dealers haven't seen it so i've no idea when i'll get it back

overall its an improvement in image and spec for less money so you can't possibly go wrong imho

Allan

If that’s the case then let me go against the trend.

Dear Sweet God, that’s a big chunk of loveliness :thumbsup:

I’d be interested in hearing your thoughts after a few demos worth of hours Allan.

hi Mike

i've been promised it back once its done the rounds and tbh can't wait, upscaled 1080p looked excellent and thats what will sell it, i know its full fat spec now but most will still watch 1080p i feel and it really did look great

Allan

Does anyone have any thoughts on how these projectors will compare to the ls10500?

Finally in a position to get a projector by Christmas and wondering which to go for (subject to hopefully seeing in person)

can I just say that if you or anyone are thinking of the LS10500 then please take note of this

"their are 7 units left" "their are 7 units left" "their are 7 units left" "their are 7 units left"

did i say "THERE ARE 7 UNITS LEFT" and thats it, finito

Allan :eek:

Hi Allan,

Could I ask what the weight is as I’ve had a quick search and can’t find any details. Would you offer part exchange on a tw3200?

Thanks
Mic P

hi Mic P

the weight is same as the 9300 which is/was 11kgs from memory

you'll need to contact me with more details regarding your px, either call or email please if you wouldn't mind

cheers

Allan

That looks lovely.

The noise level specs for the 7400 versus the 7300 look a bit odd, in that it states 31dB for 'normal' compared to 24dB for the 7300. I can't find the equivalent spec for the 9400, but it would be nice to clear it up. At the moment I'm assuming somebody filled in the high power number by mistake. Alan, do you have the 9400 datasheet?

sorry I don't but looking at the spec of the 9300 on the Epson website its ECO 20- Normal 24db and the 9400 certainly didn't sound any different tbh

Allan

TBH given the different functionality I´d argue the "W" version is really a different model and it only comes in white - the pricing difference is clearly based on the spec change rather than the colour.

So to rephrase my question, is there any indication that the non-wireless version will be coming in white? And since we are at it, to satisfy potential others, any indication if the wireless version will be in black?

in a word

Nope

i've asked this for the last 7/8/9 years guys and they don't seem to want to budge

but i will ask again as ISE when i get to mingle with the bigwigs again lol

i'm in agreement though and i think they are missing a trick tbh, but what else is their to purchase at this price point which is as good, the simple answer is nothing

another reason they may not want to is stock no's, think about it. if they made both the 9400 and 9400W in both colours then the stock amount instantly doubles, at Epson, at the distributors and myself and other dealers, well the other dealers who carry stock as most don't these days.

So that could be why they are reluctant to do it, maybe, maybe not, i honestly don't know

Last edited:
@Ideal AV ooooh niiiice :) I'll take it!!

When do you think you'll be able to demo it? Any more information on when it'll be shipping?

you can come and see this one quite soon i hope as i've been promised it back to show to customers who want to see it in action

i'll post it up here when its back if you want

Allan

Thanks @Ideal AV looks a lovely machine. I'm sure the speakers comment was tongue in cheek....at least I hope it was?

I may finally take a trip over to see you for a demo at some stage, as having recently seen the 9300 I was mightily impressed, would be a nice upgrade on my 9200.

i hope so too :D

seriously if your not impressed with this pj then you need to go to spec savers, unless your willing to spend double or close to it, then forget it as there is nothing that comes close for the money. The 2 nearest contenders for me are the JVC X7900 and Epson LS10500, the latter coming to the end so leaving just the JVC soon

the other big gun manufacturer who rarely gets a mention these days needs to step up and realise that they need to either lower their prices and increase the performance/specs or forget it and i'd hate that to happen

Allan

you can come and see this one quite soon i hope as i've been promised it back to show to customers who want to see it in action

i'll post it up here when its back if you want

Allan

Please do Allan and I'll see if it fits with my diary, as you know I'm after an AV7705 too!

Yes thanks Allan for taking the time to post the photos.
Don't be disheartened, I guess potential buyers want it before Christmas...what ya reckon?
Be good to hear any thoughts once you get a chance for more screen time.
:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom