Epson TW9400/7400 information

Looking at ‘roughly’ double the price for the JVC. At an average of one movie per week I’m not sure I would reap the benefit and value.

Looking at ‘roughly’ double the price for the JVC. At an average of one movie per week I’m not sure I would reap the benefit and value.
No they are dropping in price probably £4K to £4.5K.

No they are dropping in price probably £4K to £4.5K.

no they aren’t Russ

the new rrp is £4999 and probably certain dealers will offer deals, i for one will certainly look after AV Forum members and returning customers

Allan

And unless you have a dedicated room the difference won't be as noticeable anyway.

I’ve never called mine a dedicated room. But it is seperate to the main living room and is light controlled with dark grey walls and a black ceiling. And it’s dedicated to movie watching and music listening if that’s what a dedicated room is.

Last edited:
To add. I paid 2k new for my last PJ in 2009 and I’ve still got it :D

JVC owners are a very passionate bunch - and I expect that I will join them again when the new range comes out

however there is a reason why Epson has sold a gazillion of these things - they are really good

from the use you are describing it sounds like the Epson may well be the way to go

and once you see the image current PJ's throw you will watch a lot more than a movie a week I will bet - I have 1800 hours on my 9300W in just under 2 years and still love the picture produced

That’s not too far off my use over the time I’ve had my current PJ.

I'm sure most of us would like a JVC, but they've priced themselves out of any potential upgrade for me. Not quite sure why they decided to go down this route over the last few years. Wasn't the X35 £3k. They sold well at the time. Now they have nothing in this price range. Strange decision.

Just over £1 an hour then over 9 years, I've managed to get my Projector costs down to 37p an hour over the last 7 years :D

It’s mad isn’t it. That’s part of the reason for me not wanting to spend what I would consider to be too much.

Now you've got me getting the calculator out :rolleyes:

those kind of calculations are never good!

the sound side of my kit wasn't cheap but tends to get upgraded pretty infrequently so for the usage represents good value for money taking into account residual value

display side is a lot more pricy and prone to more frequent change - hoping the next PJ will last longer than my usual 2 year cycle especially at the price of the new JVC range - by the time I sell the 9300W I suspect I will be at 75p per hour but I cant say I have or will ever again thought of "valuing" AV kit that way

and I am never doing that for my cars!!!

It helps me to calculate the worth. The audio side is different though. I have spent more there to be fair.

Yeah I know what you mean. A bit like you I've managed to keep my PJ a lot longer than anything else. I'm not going to waste my money on small incremental improvements that each year seems to bring. It's getting close now though as I reckon the 9400 would be a (hopefully) noticeable upgrade.

I haven't even got a 4K telly yet!

Yeah I know what you mean. A bit like you I've managed to keep my PJ a lot longer than anything else. I'm not going to waste my money on small incremental improvements that each year seems to bring. It's getting close now though as I reckon the 9400 would be a (hopefully) noticeable upgrade.

I haven't even got a 4K telly yet!

Yep, pretty similar to me. I don’t change my displays that often, even the main TV.
It’s a good calculation for me so I can work out how much use I actually get. And spending 5k to watch one movie a week just doesn’t cut it.

you need to use the PJ for more than 1 movie a week

I am admittedly very sad but I use my Epson for blurays, sport on TV, Netflix and amazon so henc15+ hours a week use on average

in my view would be a bit of a wasted opportunity to buy a PJ as good as the 9400 (based on my experience with the 9300) and restrict your pleasure to 1 movie a week

Saying one movie per week is the easiest way to guess the use. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I’ve recently signed up to Netflix so it may well get a little more use. Not enough to spend around 5k though.

I need to get the calculator back out :D

Just realised that I havn’t watched a movie since around May time. I put this down to the good, hot weather and barbecues. And these past 6 weeks or so I’ve had nothing to sit on :rolleyes:

If early reports are anything to go by, the pricing on these new models looks to be very favourable indeed :D

If early reports are anything to go by, the pricing on these new models looks to be very favourable indeed :D

I saw a post on AVS suggesting that for the 7400 but nothing on the 9400 yet. What have you seen?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom