Epson TW9400/7400 information

The one you have posted isn't an Optical HDMI cable so beyond 5 meters you are taking a chance that it won't do the full 18Gb/s signal. I know the thought of spending £50 and more on a cable does appear excessive but it's all relative to the distance the signal has to travel.

Personally I am using this ATZEBE Optical HDMI but 2 years have past and never had an issue.

Here's a cheaper one getting great reviews
Amazon product ASIN B07R2KVTGG
The problem with Amazon reviews especially regular cables is it includes everything right down to the 0.5M lengths which always work perfectly. If I can give you one bit of advice is listen to the members on here, we don't get any kick back for our recommendations it is solely done for the benefit of others from our own experiences.

AGREED. We've had lots of it's not the cable, it's 4k certified, why aren't things working. OH it was the cable, type posts.

Seriously, go for an optical HDMI cable with this projector. That Atzebe one is what I have too.

The Epson is particularly fussy in cable choices to get the full 18Gb/s working.

For once, this is not snake oil in cable sales, but physics :D

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
AGREED. We've had lots of it's not the cable, it's 4k certified, why aren't things working. OH it was the cable, type posts.

Seriously, go for an optical HDMI cable with this projector. That Atzebe one is what I have too.

The Epson is particularly fussy in cable choices to get the full 18Gb/s working.

What's the minimum distance I can get away with by going for a standard cable? The 9400w has already made me go over budget, as initially I had budgeted for the 9400.

What's the minimum distance I can get away with by going for a standard cable? The 9400w has already made me go over budget, as initially I had budgeted for the 9400.
Does the cable need to be buried into the wall or ceiling, if so then DO NOT SKIMP. But if funds are tight why not just work with the WiFi on the TW9400W, it will get you 24f/s HDR 4K just not 60f/s HDR 4K and when you can scrap up the funds for the Optical cable then buy it.

I am one of those persons who was hoping that I will not be “one of those guys with HDMI issues”, but also my cheap non certified but marketed 18gbps cable is making problems with 18gbps signals.

I am thinking whether to risk with a high quality active 10m certified 18gbps cable (local), or go for a “tried and tested” optical hdmi cable from Amazon (abroad), based on users’ experience.

Luckily I have nothing that requires the complete 18gbps bandwidth, but I don’t like to be “limited” :)

I’ve used an Aztebe 10m cable since September ‘19, a Ruipro 10m (which cost twice the price at the time) since July last year and not had a single issue with either of them.

+1 on the Atzbe, I use it on my x7900, and used it on my 9300, with no problems at 15m.

Logged in and stuck this in my basket.....left it over night and Epson sent me a 10% discount code, which just pushed me over the edge.
Sucker for a bargain!

I'd have liked an air filter too, but happier to buy that from other sources. The bulb from Epson i can guarantee is genuine and at £94.95 delivered, why would your risk it. Though a known authorised dealer would be reasonable too!

I tried the same thing, just went to my basket and it was empty. Sold Out :facepalm:

Another Atzbe user. I had lots of problems with non optical HDMI cable. All sorted since using Atzbe fibroptic cable. I am using it for over a year and no problems whatsoever.

I tried the same thing, just went to my basket and it was empty. Sold Out :facepalm:
Damn. Though they may give you the code for when it is next back in.....unless you actually need one rather than a spare.
Mine turned up this morning. Seems telling you it shipped at 4am and it turning up that day is "Notification" :rotfl:

Damn. Though they may give you the code for when it is next back in.....unless you actually need one rather than a spare.
Mine turned up this morning. Seems telling you it shipped at 4am and it turning up that day is "Notification" :rotfl:
Back in stock and got the 10% code, cheers!

Hey Folks,

I know this may have been asked a million times but what's the best mount I can get for the 9400. I don't mind spending extra if it's of higher quality.

Thanks

Hey Folks,

I know this may have been asked a million times but what's the best mount I can get for the 9400. I don't mind spending extra if it's of higher quality.

Thanks
the peerless PRG UNV would be minimum i would go with can pick up from B&H,

it is a top quality mount and works a treat with the epson. the epson are a serious projector ...so dont skimp on mount and something like the peerless helps align with precision with the screen :)

I have tried a couple of the Source / Display fibre optic cables but cannot get them to work with my set up. The cables seem to cause some sort of issue with my amp that makes my Virgin box / TV not display a picture. If I remove the HDMI, the TV works but as soon as I plug it back in, no picture.

Ended up having to go for this - Amazon product ASIN B08L5ZXF8S

it is a top quality mount and works a treat with the epson. the epson are a serious projector ...so dont skimp on mount and something like the peerless helps align with precision with the screen :)

I upgraded to one of these a while back from cheaper Duronic. Both held the weight and were safe, but any slight knock to the cable / projector and it meant some realignment and there was some droop down over time which meant some tuning here and there. Switched to a Peerless and it's been rock solid. I can change cables and use the buttons without fear!

Only slight gripe is that yaw / rotation is via the mounting bolt slots in the ceiling plate. Works fine but it something to know before mounting (i wanted to re-use some holes, which fit, but ate movement)

It also allowed me to get a MUCH better alignment to my screen, cut keystone to zero and devise a better way to get perfect screen alignment for my less than perfectly aligned screen (room issues)

Only slight gripe is that yaw / rotation is via the mounting bolt slots in the ceiling plate. Works fine but it something to know before mounting (i wanted to re-use some holes, which fit, but ate movement)
this is good and important to highlight...

if folk want this 3rd axis of alignment in precision it means getting the chief or Strong mounts... which can be a tad more expensive...(depending where are). for many folks the peerless is good enough :) there is also a 3rd option in crimson(but that is really for far heavier projectors - over 50lb(22 kg)

I myself have run 2 epsons and now 3 jvc come through my peerless . my JVCs since same hole pattern have all been quick change over :D

ps its only on the very latest JVC N series... it starts to show up limits of peerless.. and have to help it along to align with taking a bit of weight off the front heavy JVC. I am in the midst of swapping to a cheif mount (mainly for the better wall mount bracket) and can say its quite a bit more in cost ! makes the peerless a far cheaper and simpler overall option ! :)

My spare lamp arrived yesterday from Epson …. Should give me peace of mind for more hours of big screen fun !!

My spare lamp arrived yesterday from Epson …. Should give me peace of mind for more hours of big screen fun !!
Same. Failing something amazing coming along at a cheap price this will be my PJ for a long time to come.

Thank buddy,

Just ordered that now 😁 I have heard many talk on the thread about this mount but forgot the name and wanted reassurance. It's the final piece in the jigsaw.

Jim

this is good and important to highlight...

if folk want this 3rd axis of alignment in precision it means getting the chief or Strong mounts... which can be a tad more expensive...(depending where are). for many folks the peerless is good enough :) there is also a 3rd option in crimson(but that is really for far heavier projectors - over 50lb(22 kg)

I myself have run 2 epsons and now 3 jvc come through my peerless . my JVCs since same hole pattern have all been quick change over :D

The cheap Amazon Duronic was for a couple of PJs earlier and worked fine in terms of it held the PJ to the ceiling and i wasn't worried about it coming down, but it wasn't secure in holding the balance of the weight in the position needed, hence any knock/movement threw out the alignment. It's the kind of thing you don't really think of until you've been through the process. The peerless's gearing system mean that it holds things pretty fast once locked :D

Most of the mounts are pretty interchangeable these days, so investing in a universal style heavy duty mount is a good plan and even the Duronic was quick to swap a new PJ in. I think i actually used some of the bolts from it as my peerless was an ebay second hand special!

I've a WAY heavier duty mount from my Barco days, which includes rope and pullies to raise the PJ (~90kg modified BG808s) and that one probably weighs more than the Epson projector itself - It was not wanting to rebuild my ceiling and hang such a weight that sent me down the digital route!

So I've just updated my firmware, and have read all about turning off panel alignment - but I can't find it in the settings. Can anyone tell me where it is please? With thanks.

So I've just updated my firmware, and have read all about turning off panel alignment - but I can't find it in the settings. Can anyone tell me where it is please? With thanks.
OK, press the menu button and on the left hand side you have the sub Menus, go down to Extended then pick “Display” and when you click it you will see “panel alignment”. Just make sure after clicking panel alignment you turn it OFF.

In my oppinion watching movies with 3X shift has solved much of that TVish look which was generated by the large pixels gap of LCD chip.

Sure, the pixel gap is the same but now the pixels are more and smaller so the overall image has a more filmic look.

If the next model will have 4X shift instead of native 4k, for me, personally will be good enough, as long as other atributes will be improved significantly.

OK, press the menu button and on the left hand side you have the sub Menus, go down to Extended then pick “Display” and when you click it you will see “panel alignment”. Just make sure after clicking panel alignment you turn it OFF.
Thanks.

On a different note, I’ve tried today the Dynamic HDR settings from a few posts back.

I’m really surprised at how much better HDR looks in this mode. I’ve always been conditioned though that a dynamic mode isn’t a good thing. What are peoples’ thoughts on using this mode?

What are peoples’ thoughts on using this mode?

I like it but we really need some calibration settings for a white screen. That guy provided calibration for an ALR screen so ...

Out of the box the image has way too much green.

I’m really surprised at how much better HDR looks in this mode.

Because the contrast has gone up at last 50% so now it's easier to map the HDR.

Mapping the HDR needs not only more lumes to spare but also contrast. If only light output is better but contrast stays the same, there will not be a difference between HDR and SDR other than color saturation.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom