Epson TW9400/7400 information

It does sound a remarkably reasonable price, in a world of Brexit price rises, I do wonder if it will actually be for sale at that price !.
"First UK stock expected December 2018. Indicative pricing at this stage."

that price announcement is 100% unofficial and unconfirmed as yet, i was in talks yesterday with my contact at Epson and was advised if i wanted i could post the prices (but beaten to it lol) but opinion was that those would not be the correct prices, and may not include 5 years warranty.

That said a new figure of £2695 for the 9400 was mentioned but once again 100% not confirmed and not sure about the warranty either as yet. If i can get something 100% for you guys n gals i'll post it asap, personally i'm pushing to maintain the 5 years warranty as it's unrivalled in the home cinema projector industry afaia.

Lastly if the £2695 price with 5 years warranty is confirmed its fantastic news for Epson and you guys as it will be unbeaten imho and a real bargain for 2019.

Allan

I think they are genuinely concerned about competition and their possible pricing policies od Epson and they new projectors. If they do not go to the discount, they get a lot closer to the price politics JVC, which was announced at CEDIA in slaves.

If this will be true, look at the video,they want to get JVC less than half the price in final. And this will be a knock-on effect for Espon if they dont get the price down and, unfortunately, on every seller who will have it in the stock for old price.

I think it's a big aggressive price attack on competing projectors, where the customer can only get, so I'd rather wait until all the cards are uncovered and it shows who bluffs and who does not.

that price announcement is 100% unofficial and unconfirmed as yet, i was in talks yesterday with my contact at Epson and was advised if i wanted i could post the prices (but beaten to it lol) but opinion was that those would not be the correct prices, and may not include 5 years warranty.

That said a new figure of £2695 for the 9400 was mentioned but once again 100% not confirmed and not sure about the warranty either as yet. If i can get something 100% for you guys n gals i'll post it asap, personally i'm pushing to maintain the 5 years warranty as it's unrivalled in the home cinema projector industry afaia.

Lastly if the £2695 price with 5 years warranty is confirmed its fantastic news for Epson and you guys as it will be unbeaten imho and a real bargain for 2019.

Allan

Absolutely agree about the warranty, it's a major selling point for people like me who don't upgrade every couple of years.

Allan

Righto

so i've now had it 100% (99.9% lol) confirmed regards the new Epson line up for 2018/19

EH-TW 7400 - £1899

EH-TW 9400 - £2599

EH-TW 9400W - £2899

still no word on the 5 years warranty but even if they add on 100 quid, these new projectors are going to sell like hotcakes trust me, i've requested they make a planet full to cope with the initial demand :D :smashin:

I had a feeling my pricing was close.

Should be a stormer for that money.

The first look reads well. If it stands up I think it could be my next projector. Jvc just too much £££ unfortunately no matter how good black levels are. I think this will be in a lot of people’s ideal price range.

Yes, but i will still wait if this your range of price. I still think than we still do not know if old model JVC will have reduced price becouse i think they will have only one eshift 4K projector and others will be discounted until they sell out.
From all video and others ifnormation this can by x5900 and x9900..

I think they sell out x5900 for very near price to 9400, that's my expectation :)

Yes, but i will still wait if this your range of price. I still think than we still do not know if old model JVC will have reduced price becouse i think they will have only one eshift 4K projector and others will be discounted until they sell out.
From all video and others ifnormation this can by x5900 and x9900..

I think they sell out x5900 for very near price to 9400, that's my expectation :)

Based on the video you posted, the x7900 will drop to CA$ 5000; however, for the UK, Allan has already confirmed the new price would be £4999.

I understand that the x7900 is a monster projector, but personally, I'm struggling to justify the spend, costing nearly double the Epson TW9400, which I'm sure many would be more than happy to own. With the £2400 difference, I could go to Vue cinema 480 times to enhance my film watching!

I always had a fundamental issue with the Epson models not accepting 18gig bandwidth, but that is now changed with the TW9400, making it a very good looking projector... I think only serious enthusiasts need to look beyond this model (pending any surprises when reviews start appearing).

I previously had my sights set on a JVC x5900, but decided that I couldn't justify the spend, and came to terms with getting one of the TI chip models (e.g. Optoma UHD51a) around £1500... however, the TW9400 is tempting me! Is there ever a discount for launch day sales or pre-orders?

Last edited:
Yes, Epson can win with they price... but all can be changed waving with a magic wand :)

I think I'm in the same boat Stu, that money can go towards an atmos receiver that I need.

Have you already got Atmos speakers? I recently picked up a pair of MA 265-IDC, but not had chance to test yet (still a month off build starting following current work on kitchen). Excitement is mounting!

Yes I've got some DIY SoundGroup Volt 8 v2 to put in the ceiling. Need a new processor that is Atmos capable however.

This 9400 might just be what I'm waiting for.

Need some in-depth reviews.

I shared the first look in an earlier post, which was very positive. Given that the TW9300 was such a solid projector, they have real issues if they have dropped the ball with this incremental upgrade.

it's a shame that it does not contain those new panels from the same manufacturer as the TW9200. I can not remember name of thats company...

Wonder what the trade in price might be from 9300w to 9400 :rolleyes:

I must admit the 9400 sounds rather good, can't wait to read the reviews of this and the new JVC's or Sony's. Some of it will come down to your room and the distance you watch the projector screen from. I would like to buy a native 4k, but the JVC machines are 1st generation and the technology is evolving fast.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom