Epson TW9400/7400 information

I have recently watched Titanic 3d but i didn't like it much...even the fav scene which men's prefer to watch(if u know what i mean )...then i watched 4kTitanic 2d as i wanted to watch it on new PJ and i enjoyed it very much compared to 3d.

Later i watched Pokémon Detective Pikachu 3d which i didn't watch earlier as it seems kids movie,also i am not pokeman fan rather i would say before this movie i haven't watched any of pokeman show or movie whatsoever but i enjoyed this movie thoroughly specially because of its 3d effects...So in my experience 3d movies are more enjoyable if they are action movies,but that's just my opinion.
Titanic 3D blew away everyone I've shown it too. The full opened up aspect ratio and the depth goes on forever.

Its interesting how people's tastes differ on 3D. Honestly the opening scene of Titanic with the ship and the people boarding it is obscene depth wise.

Yeah 3D seems to be a bit like Marmite. I don't like it at home and don't like it at the cinema either. Each to their own.

Can't seem to find the official Epson 3D glasses anywhere online? Does anyone have any place they've got from recently?
Looking at the Hi Shock Black Diamond as mentioned on here if can't get the official ones - any links to cheapest place for the Black Diamonds?

I bought four pairs of the official Epson 3D glasses from ebay over the first few months of buying my 9400 from various sellers.
Each pair were second hand and barely used, and every pair had dud batteries in them due to them sitting around not being used. So watch out for that if you buy second hand.

That said I was able to order in a pack of compatible batteries for around £10 and found someone who could re-solder and replace them all.

What low profile ceiling mount would you guys recommend for the 9400? Is it just to try a find Epson's own ELPMB30 mount (sadly they seems to not be stocked anywhere and looks like a delivery time over a month) or are there any other good alternatives?

// Chris
I picked up a low profile mount from Alan at Ideal AV and it is paired with a 120inch Elite Screens Aeon Edge. Easy to fit & align to the screen, even for someone like me doing it for the first time.

Personally I thought Titanic 3D was a fantastic conversion. Not a huge fan of the film but what they did with the 3D was amazing.

I just flicked on FFD5 and WOW. That is a surprisingly good transfer. I thought as its a cheesey film it would be pop out galore and flat otherwise but no, it has real depth in every scene. Beautiful. Will need to watch it soon.

My 9400 developed a problem on New Year’s Day, I messaged Epson about it, they suggested a firmware upd as a starting point, I did that on Sunday and also sent them pics of the image that I’m getting and got an email this morning asking me to send the projector back for repair. Really missing not being able to use it for movies.

Heres what I get when I’ve switched it on, at first the pictures purple then changes to this, lines through the picture and the colours are wrong, makes no difference if a source is connected or not

This is what the menu page looks like
55C5261B-0D1F-4E2B-9240-281355E7D4F4.jpeg

Repair could take up to 10 working days:(

Last edited:
So is it my imagination or has Sky Q 3D movies changed to side by side 3D as opposed to the 3D on 3D Blu-ray discs? Does that mean they can't be viewed on my Epson 7400? It's been months since i've been able to view from Sky 3D and it's just mirror image left and right images which couldn't be viewed? Stuck on a 3D Blu-ray and it was instantly viewable?

So is it my imagination or has Sky Q 3D movies changed to side by side 3D as opposed to the 3D on 3D Blu-ray discs? Does that mean they can't be viewed on my Epson 7400? It's been months since i've been able to view from Sky 3D and it's just mirror image left and right images which couldn't be viewed? Stuck on a 3D Blu-ray and it was instantly viewable?
I always thought Sky was SBS for 3D? Anyway you should still be able to view it by going to the 3D part of the Epson menu and change from auto to SBS...that works on the 9400 so assume its the same on the 7400

I always thought Sky was SBS for 3D? Anyway you should still be able to view it by going to the 3D part of the Epson menu and change from auto to SBS...that works on the 9400 so assume its the same on the 7400
Sorted now - thank you for that! The 3D part was greyed out - couldn't understand why - had to change my Marantz receiver to 1080p as well as SkyQ to 1080p also!

Got my Arcana in and set up, which is pretty straightforward using the pdf online manual for inspiration.

Getting Dolby Vision-LLDV now from an ATV 4K. Must say any benefit is evolutionary. Mandalorian remains dark, even though I’ve set it up telling the HDFury my display only does 350 nits (Epson HDR slider on 4 lamp medium). The ATV should be using the nits info to map DV to LLDV according to the HDFury manual.

Did you find upping the nits to 1000 made the difference you were expecting @groesbeek?

I want to give this LLDV hack a try but would prefer not to fork out for the diva2 if the extra tweaking isn’t needed for this PJ.

Guys, how do I make the remote of my TW9400W control the volume on my AV receiver?, Is it possible for it to control Nvidia shield as well?

Thanks 👍

Logitech harmony is your friend

Guys, how do I make the remote of my TW9400W control the volume on my AV receiver?, Is it possible for it to control Nvidia shield as well?

Thanks 👍

Mine controls everything through the Epson remote, Sony AVR and both the Sony and Panasonic Blu ray players.

Mine controls everything through the Epson remote, Sony AVR and both the Sony and Panasonic Blu ray players.
hey man how did u do that?
i have Denon AVR..do u think Epson's remote can be paired with it?

hey man how did u do that?
i have Denon AVR..do u think Epson's remote can be paired with it?

No pairing required, I think if the projector's HDMI runs to the AVR and the rest of the equipment is connected back to the AVR then it controls the device in basic form, the AVR it only controls volume but the Blu Ray players it can control more. One device it doesn't control in the SKY Q mini.

I definitely didn't go into any menu settings on either the AVR or the projector to get it to work, maybe it's something special to the Sony AVR?

Check out page 62 'HDMI Link Function'

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom