epson tw9100 power loss

frankie13

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi why does my projector lose power around the 90min mark for a few seconds then restart

I suspect it is over heating, is the filter clean? & do you have good ventilation around it? if so perhaps you need to call Epson service.

filter is clean, epson said its not a over heating problem because there is no warning lights

Suggest you return to Epson then for repair if within warranty

out of im afraid , i have done a firmware update to 1.47 , fingers crossed

Might sound daft but is your power lead securely pushed home into the socket, I have a friend with an Optoma PJ who was having similar problems & it turned out to be this issue.

is it def power loss?
I have a 5910 awaiting collection for warranty with similar issues. looses picture and seems like its dropped power but I don't think its that.

so whats loosing power? your projector? is it somewhere that you can see if the power lights go off?
I have an Epson 5900 with similar issues. Epson have had me connect to amp and direct to bdp with same results. it seems to be dropping ac power but it isn't.
do you have a long run hdmi? it could be that. not strong enough signal, pj goes blank and no sound from avr.

the projector loses connection from the yamaha avreciever because the smart tv trips the the yamaha so both projector and yamaha lose connection at once then both restart seconds later i cured it by not having a hdmi connection between the yamaha and tv

oh well, glad to hear you got it sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom