Epson tw900w help please

busterbenny2001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all I'm pulling my hair out and hope one of you clever folk have the answer

Just got a new denon avr 2000x and an epsontw9000w

All was going ok until I tried to hook up wirelessly

No joy at all, no orange light at all, ok so tried hard wiring all fine.

Then tried a 3 d blu no joy again said the device doesn't support 3d

Grrrrr

After 2 hours I had a thought could it be because of my hdmi leads being a few years old, so tried the 1 new one I had in the wireless connector, woo orange light connection enabled, but when I switched to an input n the denon same old no signal being received.

Could this be because the hdmi leads connecting ps3 and sky are old not hdmi 1.4 compliant??

Hoping so as easy rectify

Many thanks

Buster

Leads are not rated 1.3 or 1.4 etc they are either high speed or not. It's the hardware that needs to be 1.4 rated but then the PS3 isn't and neither is sky(they won the war on the industry to not make all 3D 1.4 reliant). If you are passing HD then it will do 3D.
Some longer leads may have some handshake issues as they reckon over 10m or so the signal may be unstable and a booster may be required.
Is the Denon the AVR-x2000 as I believe this isn't wifi enable at a quick glance but I may be wrong.

The denon runs an hdmi to the wifi box of the epson which then sends signal to the pj, I got a bit further last night as I got the orange light on on the pj wifi box, this was using the 1 highs speed cable I own, I'm hoping that as the ps3 and sky hdmi cables aren't high speed then this is why the image isn't being shown if that makes sense.

It looks like the pj is speaking to the transmitter, Ie an orange light but when I choose wireless on pj it says no signal being received and I get blank screen.

Yet if I connect an hdmi from avr to pj it's fine

Buster

Are you sure the cables from PS3 and Sky aren't high speed? If they do 1080p then they must be?
If the PJ works when connected directly it must be a handshake problem with the wifi box. Confirm you have the correct firmware for amp and PJ.

Thanks for your help

All my hdmi seem to be fast as ps3 says 1080p when connected

So seems I've wasted £10 on cable ordered

Still no wireless I'll try again tomorrow

Firmware all fine

Buster

Hi I have a tw-9000w and connect wirelessly

Two things:

1/ makes sure you have pressed wireless hd on the remote
2/ ensure the output from the denon is compatible with what the epson will do wirelessly. Ie it won't do 1080p 60htz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom