Epson TW7100 v TW7400

Eisley

Novice Member
Hi. I'm trying to decide between an Epson TW7100 (£1490) and TW7400 (£1799). I had a TW2900 until now. I will mostly use it for watching movies (4k where possible) and will eventually get myself an Xbox Series X (and currently have an Xbox One). It will mostly (if not entirely) be used in a darkened room projecting onto a wall. I have searched and read a few differences between the projectors but cannot work out which would be better. Is there an easy answer? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Gerry557

I have not looked at them individually but a quick skeg shows the 7400 having better 4k experience and HDR. Yes its false 4k but looking to the future there is going to be more 4k and HDR around so that would push me towards spending the extra.

If your never going 4k, you might save a bit. I know you are buying but the 7400 might have better resale price cos of the 4k, if you ever decide to upgrade.

Not looked recently but real 4k was a lot more expensive and the 7400 get good reviews so is cost effective

Eisley

Novice Member
I have not looked at them individually but a quick skeg shows the 7400 having better 4k experience and HDR. Yes its false 4k but looking to the future there is going to be more 4k and HDR around so that would push me towards spending the extra.

If your never going 4k, you might save a bit. I know you are buying but the 7400 might have better resale price cos of the 4k, if you ever decide to upgrade.

Not looked recently but real 4k was a lot more expensive and the 7400 get good reviews so is cost effective
Thanks for your reply. That's very helpful.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom