EPSON TW6700 black levels upgrade?

deem

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I’m currently running a TW6700 in a completely light controlled room. Everything about it is great for my needs, with the exception of the black levels. Can anyone tell me how much I’d need to spend to upgrade and any model suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

The next step in black levels is TW9400/9300.

You can find a cheap used TW9300 but if you get lucky even a 9400.

Also if you don't care about 4k/HDR, you can also search for an older JVC like X500 but you have to live with SDR and 1080p only.

The next step in black levels is TW9400/9300.

You can find a cheap used TW9300 but if you get lucky even a 9400.

Also if you don't care about 4k/HDR, you can also search for an older JVC like X500 but you have to live with SDR and 1080p only.
Thanks for the reply! So I really am looking at quite a hike in price to get to the next level... I had read that the Sony 45/55es would be an improvement - but I assume at the cost of other aspects? I'm happy with 1080p for now. Thanks again.

Sony will be a good option too but be warry about problems with panel degradation if it has a lot of hours of usage.

If the seller is not able to provide a recent measurement of contrast it's risky to buy it.

I'm happy with 1080p for now.

The cheapest option will be to grab an old JVC DLA-X35. I have seen one for as low as 350 GBP on ebay.

The black levels are definitely very good.

The problem is the price of lamps.

The cheapest option will be to grab an old JVC DLA-X35. I have seen one for as low as 350 GBP on ebay.

The black levels are definitely very good.

The problem is the price of lamps.
Managed to get a x35 on eBay for £450 with a spare bulb. Thanks very much for your help!

D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom