Question Epson TW6000 new bulb but picture issue (red tinge)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Foz72, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Foz72

Foz72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi all,

Bit of a strange issue here.

I have an Epson TW6000 PJ with an origina bulb in. The original bulb started flickering slightly on ECO mode around the 2000 hours mark. So i rang Epson and they sent me a replacement bulb which i held onto waiting for the time my original bulb went past the 3000 hour mark. If i left the original bulb in normal power mode it was fine so i just used it in that mode for now.

Anyhow original bulb started to flicker in both eco and normal power mode so i put the replacement bulb in but there seems to be a red tinge all the way across the top of the screen by about 3 inches down!?

If i put the original one back in it seems fine?

Does anyone have any ideas why this may be, or is it just a faulty bulb i guess? I tried calling Epson but their answer was the bulb they sent was beyond the 90 days warranty. I shouldve tested it when it came but didnt want to disturb the original bulb.

Thanks all,
    Simon.

2. Member 772529

Member 772529
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dear Simon,

You mentioned 'If i put the original one back in it seems fine?' but could it be that because the old lamp is dimmer, you're not noticing the problem? What I've often found is that color problems are not related to the lamp, unless the lamp itself has an alignment problem and by that I mean that the bulb itself is not properly installed inside the housing. So what I would recommend is having a second look and see if with the old bulb you're not having the same problem but it's less noticeable. If you're not seeing the problem at all double-check the new lamp to see if it's properly assembled and that the bulb is not misaligned. If the problem is also present with the old lamp there is most likely an issue with (one of the) LCD panels. They could be dirty or, worst case scenario, they have degraded and replacing them would be too costly. I would recommend to read this thread, I think the problem you've described is identical;

Epson 8100 - replaced bulb and now Pink / Blue bands - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

3. Foz72

Foz72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thats very helpful, thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my post. From what described there it does sound like i have the similar issue.