epson tw5300 vs viewsonic 7857hd

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by vijvilla, Nov 30, 2016.

1. vijvilla

vijvilla
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've no idea which to go for???

tw5300 at 429 or viewsonic pro7827hd at 649 with 4 pairs of 3d specs.

one is 3lcd the other is dlp?

any advice or preferences or owners that can share some light??
    thank you

2. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +211
    Ones dlp and one LCD , do you have a preference

One is super bright at over 3000 lumens the other is 2200 lumens.

Where are you gonna run this projector? If you have good light control the viewsonic may be too bright I find he optomas that run these numbers too bright.

Do you suffer from dlp rainbow effect?

To be fair these are very different projectors

I won a similar epson and I love it but if I could handle dlp I would probably have one as I like the blacks they produce

Cheers

Darko

3. vijvilla

vijvilla
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    thanks for replying darko appreciate it

it's going to my first projector and I don't intend to run it during the day. light from outside it's a problem really well as soon as I have curtains.

I'm not to sure I suffer from dlp but I don't really know how to test this really. I guess it's a case of seeing one in a demo.

I've heard the dlp give better blacks but the whole rainbow effect and it becoming distorted during fast moving action is a put off.. I'm not intending any game play though I do have a ps4 but ideally it's for movies and some in 3d. may thr odd footie match.

I spoke to a guy at just projector who said the viewsonic is a top seller and he would choose the viewsonic over epson.

it's going to run in a lounge where I have a dark grey wall but I'll be looking at getting a 135 inch screen for it than off a painted wall.

just all a bit confusing as most first time buyers are...

just it's not the kind of think you can buy and if you don't like, can give it away and buy another one.

just really want one but it's the first time I've no idea which is best and that I'll be happy with

Attached Files: