Epson TW3200/TW3600 - FAQ and info guide

Many many thanks for this info, my 3200 arrived at the weekend and I've not had time to go over the settings, just made sure it was set to Cinema. Will need to check my settings on my BluRay/Av to make sure everything is as it should be.

My 3200 is saying that from my PS3 I'm getting RGB 4:4:4 and I've no idea how to change this?
Any ideas?

My 3200 is saying that from my PS3 I'm getting RGB 4:4:4 and I've no idea how to change this?
Any ideas?

Settings -> Display Settings ->
-RGB Full Range (HDMI): "Limited"

Limited = Component
Full = RGB

And you want component for movies.

Limited = Component
Full = RGB

And you want component for movies.

Hmm, thought I'd already made the change, does the PS3 need restarting.
Also, you state component for movies, is RGB better for games? :thumbsup:

No, the PS3 shouldn't need to be restarted.

And you are quite right, RGB is best for gaming or any material which hasn't originated in the movie world (computer desktop etc).

What about care and maintenance. I can't see this in the FAQ and think it would be very useful. Especially to a newbie like myself.

Hmm, maintenance. There really is only two things:
-Make sure that the room it's in doesn't get too dusty (as the dust will eventually invade the PJ an create the dreaded dust blobs)
-Clean the air filter (detaches from the back, see the manuel for details) once every 100 hours of lamp time. Epson say "once a month" but this is rather too excessive I think. A normal rule of thumb for cleaning air filters on hometheater PJs is 100 hours.

I'll update the FAQ.

FAQ updated with a section on maintenance.

Brill :thumbsup:
I do have a compressed air spray, is it recommended to use this on the bulb to clear dust or not?

I would only use that if you have a dust blob and want to clear it. If you have no dust blobs then don't use the compressed air as you do risk actually blowing a spec of dust onto the panels.

It certainly wouldn't hurt.:)

Does a replacement lamp fix the dust issues, or do you need a new unit ?

It is not an issue with the lamp usually dust has either got on one of the red green or blue panels and needs shifting by cleaning.

Very useful thread this. I came here to find out why the HDMI range option was greyed out when Super White was on. Very good, now I know.

Can someone give a little overview of what the advanced video options are for? I understand RGBLow and RGBhigh, and know when I should and shouldn't meddle with them.

But what of Hue, Saturation and Brightness? It looks to me like that option can be used to further tweak the RGBlow and High settings...is that right?

Hello!

I have a Intel NUC connected with a HDMI cable to my Onkyo TX-SR805 and from the Onkyo a HDMI cable to the Epson TW3200.

The lamp has burned about 3 000 hours

Im using OpenElec with Kodi

I have followed the best image settings, but i have some problems.

First i set the HDMI rage limiter to 16-235 as you can se on the second picture. (First picture unmarked) Should the picture get so much lighter?

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

Then i change the input signal on the Epson to yPbPr

IMG_0755.JPG

But why isn´t the input signal on the epson change to Component? It says RGB-Video.

IMG_0756.JPG

I don't think the picture is better when i change to 16-235, it just becomes more lighter, or is something wrong? haven't the settings change because it still says RGB-Video?

Really thankful if i can get some help.

//Michael from Sweden.
PS. Thanx for all the info Jmog

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom