Epson TW3200/3600 owners thread - Part 3

MasterMak said:
I'm looking for a good WALL mount for this projector. I wouldn't want to spend anything more than £50 on a mount. The ones ive seen on ebay all seem to be too small to fit the wide distances on this projector.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I dont really want to use a shelf, i have seen a DVD/sat receiver type mount glass shelf which would be my last choice, if i cant find a suitable mount within my budget.

Someone had a vogels wall mount in classifieds the other day but might have gone by now. I looked at BTech wall mount as well which seemed up to job. In the end I ceiling mounted.

I'm absolutely gutted. After 2365 glorious hours (mainly on dynamic) my lamp has gone. I'm gutted because of it being bank holiday weekend, I now have have no excuses not to decorate :(

I'm looking for a good WALL mount for this projector. I wouldn't want to spend anything more than £50 on a mount. The ones ive seen on ebay all seem to be too small to fit the wide distances on this projector.

Does anyone have any suggestions. I dont really want to use a shelf, i have seen a DVD/sat receiver type mount glass shelf which would be my last choice, if i cant find a suitable mount within my budget.

Couldn't you just use shelf brackets? Failing that, I bought some centre speaker brackets on here, and was going to use them for projector duties but ended up using them for something else*, but they'd have done the job nicely.

*putting up a centre speaker, surprisingly.

It hasn't happened to me yet, but any recommendations where to go for a reliable (and cheap!) lamp replacement?

Hi,
Is there any way to reset the lenses shift on the TW3200?

It hasn't happened to me yet, but any recommendations where to go for a reliable (and cheap!) lamp replacement?

I didn't want to mess around this time so paid £151.00 from https://www.soundandvisionav.co.uk/
Will let you know how that goes but my main reason for responding is that I'm gonna have a crack at switching just the bulb in the housing (will cost around £60).
If that goes well I will be extremely happy as it looks like I'm gonna go through a bulb a year.

You guys do realise you are entitled to one replacement bulb foc during the three year warranty.

You guys do realise you are entitled to one replacement bulb foc during the three year warranty.

Ooh. No I didn't know that. How does that work? Would I need to contact Epson? I'm not sure if I've registered the warranty (bought it February last year). Should I do that? ...Or how do they know it has blown? (when it happens -if within 3 years that is).

1500 hours in around a year. My guess is it won't last to 3000 hours (much use is in Dynamic), so I will likely need a new one within that period.
Is there a proven path to avail of this...?

If the bulb blows (or gets so dim it's unwatchable) within 3 yrs just contact Epson as long as you have the receipt for proof of purchase they should replace it.I don't think there is any hours limitation as far as I am aware but contact them and ask.

just to say i am very impressed with the Epson service
as reported i had a return of the 'flicker' problem in 'eco' mode originaly fixed by running the pj in 'normal' for a few hours
contacted Epson via webchat on wednesday and engineer called on friday even though live miles from civilization
he swapped out the whole unit, which was ceiling mounted, complete with a new bulb
problem fixed and new unit has better convergence. also seems brighter with more ping but that could be down to the new bulb although old one was only 900 hours
very happy and although i was considering t he new Panasonic AE5000 as a replacement will now probably get the TW9000 in about a year as i believe these the only PJ worth changing my 3600 for

Well I have had my unit replaced because of the focus issue and all I can say is wow. All the problems I expressed with pq and focus were clearly to do with the pj. I can now see what everyone was talking about regarding the quality of the pj. There is a massive difference to the colours when watching things like football, the quality is so much more realistic and much sharper than I had been used to. Just can't believe I didn't get it done sooner. Don't know what was wrong with the last one but apart from epson cocking up the engineer visit the customer service was superb. Straight swap and didn't even want to see the old one in action :)

Had my bulb replaced on warranty cheers!
The other bulb I purchased though - shocking trying to return that as we speak lesson learnt folks don't scrimp on bulbs!

What lesson? Having trouble returning it or it doesn't work?

It's terrible. Very dark with a few blue lines running across the screen. I will keep you updated on the return i may give them a chance to send another bulb before I ask for a refund.

What's a nearly new TW3600 worth?

I had my faulty unit replaced last week for a new/refurbished unit with about 8 hours on the bulb. very bright and better than the original
i have a friend interested so what do you think it is worth?
i am thinking around £800?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking about buying this for months and I just wanted to check if still is the one to get at that price? In Denmark it costs around 1200$/£750.

Well it still is the best 2D LCD projector for under £1000, so unless you want a DLP it is pretty much your best option.

Well it still is the best 2D LCD projector for under £1000, so unless you want a DLP it is pretty much your best option.

The last time I looked on a DLP projector, I saw that rainbow thing that people talk about. I have no idea which projector it was, so I'm def. Open for suggestions regarding DLP projectors. I mean, it dosent hurt to go have a look does it? :)

If thinking about DLP consider a HD20 or 200x if still available in your area @ £600 approx or Mitsubishi HC4000 but that may be around £900-1000.

The Optoma would be the value buy and the Mits offers the best image quality.

But bear in mind the Epson has lens shift which is great if you cannot position the projector in the ideal place.

If thinking about DLP consider a HD20 or 200x if still available in your area @ £600 approx or Mitsubishi HC4000 but that may be around £900-1000.

The Optoma would be the value buy and the Mits offers the best image quality.

But bear in mind the Epson has lens shift which is great if you cannot position the projector in the ideal place.

I'll try and check those out. I have no idea if its gonna be a problem to position a projector, but I were planning to hang it from the ceiling.

Btw. I dont know if thats really important, but I were planning to use it for movies of c. And watching football.

Ceiling mounting is ok for all those but what is movies of c.? watching football probably better with DLP but LCD is ok.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom