EPSON TW10h!!!Vertical Banding?Secret Menu?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by shadow_gp, Nov 3, 2005.

1. shadow_gp

shadow_gp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought my first - new projector an Epson TW10h...i was very happy with the picture quality until i noticed some vertical trasparent lines (while watching Finding Nemo)...is it VERTICAL BANDING???is it ok to happen?is it a problem???should i return it back???can i fix it?any settings?a secret menu??

PLEASE REPLY!!!HELP ME!!!!!

2. shadow_gp

shadow_gp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...reply...because i am thinking to send it back to epson...

3. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have the very same projector and you can see vertical banding if you really look for it. On some films it is worse than others.

However, Finding Nemo looks stunning on mine.

Are you using component connectors and do you have a decent dvd player ?

4. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Also which mode are you using - theatre black I find to be the best.

5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    shadow relax, chill.

did you do your research on LCD technology before you bought ?

if you did then you would probably know VB is just a pitfall of LCD technology. this has gotten better to the point that its nearly none exsistant from the last 2 generations of LCD projectors ie Z3/4, panny 700/900, hitachi TX100/200. thats not to say all these projectors will be faultless thats idiotic to think that but on average they have gotten a hell of alot better. if you didn't do your homework then all i have to say is shame on you :nono: don't spent that kind of money without research folks.

now your Epson has VB, im not to clued up on that PJ but more than likely it will have a service menu you can get at. in this service menu you may have an option to tweak it .

unless the VB is totally severe then i wouldn't say send it back as the replacement could be worse and your doing the dealer alot of hassle in truth when its not his fault. i had my battle's with VB but to tell you the truth now im enjoying my projector more than i've ever done and i dont have VB on my panel what so ever now. basically train the eye to enjoy the bloody massive screen and wonderful movie and not keep concentrating on picture deficiencies

6. shadow_gp

shadow_gp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did it and i had read about VB but if you don't see it you don't beleive it and yes i ENJOY the massive cinema feeling but you know if you start to search and ask you always want more and better quality...Thanx for your replies...
    Does anyone knows were to find this secret menu for tweaking...?And what about cables?Does matter for VB? (i have connected with a scart via the componet connector that epson gives with the PJ)

7. shadow_gp

shadow_gp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    160"
    Theater Black
    Brightness 3
    Contrast 10
    Flesh Tone 3